bulletproof pants

srgnz

Jan 8, 2002
What are your recommendations for a really strong set of pants? I have been through a variety of brands and styles but I'm yet to find any that last. I'm 6-1, ride mx + enduro and need plenty of room for kneebraces.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I have had very good luck with Thor gear. I just bought a pair of Core 4 pants and they are even better than before. I don't wear knee braces but there is tons of room in the knees. They even have some expansion section in the knee area.

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
i hear some of the shift baggy's are tough. however if you're gonna be riding enduro i'm not sure if riding with baggies is a good idea. just passing the info anyway.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Thor and Moose make the toughest stuff I am aware of.

sspmxc400

Aug 30, 2001
The O'neal apocolypse is very rugged. They are an over the boot style pant (not really that baggy) - good for knee brace. Heavy material (can be hot in summer). But can take some serious abuse. Probably the only real negatives are that being over the boot the bottoms get messed up and they can be hot. Price is good and a good value for Spring, fall, winter riding. I have a pair of Thor legends and they didn't hold up that well. My next pair will probably be moose and keep the O'neal for fall and winter riding.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by Patman
Thor and Moose make the toughest stuff I am aware of.
And how would the "Pantless Wonder" know anything about pants?:think

azcourt

Apr 29, 2001
I wear Moose M1 gear. It is made of good material, but the stiching (double stiched) on the pants is not that good. The crotch ripped out the first ride, and now the stiching holding the zipper on is going. I used 50lb test braided fishing line and stiched things back up, but for $100.00 I expected better. The pants fit well, not too tight and have good stretch points. The material has taken quite a few crashes with little wear, just the stitching.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
I've always had good luck with the MSR brand (going on 5th year). I'm currently wearing the System X vented gear, and it's incredible. Can't complain. Quality stuff.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
My toughest pants to date have been my Moose-but they aren't the biggest in the knee area. Now this may start a bit of controversy, but the new Fox 02 stuff is tough, huge in the knees and legs (my hind end can...let's say tax the spacial limits of a pant). I know people have bagged on Fox before, but the new stuff is stronger than anything I have worn before (No Fear, MSR, Answer) with exception to my Moose XCR's. I'm happy so far (approx. 4 months riding).

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Give the Sinisalo SCD line a look. I've been wearing the same pair of SCD pants every time I've been riding for 4 full seasons now. I just ordered a new set of the same pants.. Not because mine are worn out, but because they're ugly from 4 seasons of abuse.
FWIW, the matching SCD jersey has lasted the same amount of time. The armpits got thin and began wearing through on my last ride.

The stuff is pricey and nobody seems to keep it in stock, but I'd be impressed with any gear if it lasted half as long as the Sinisalo SCD stuff.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…