Juergen33911

May 6, 2008
I recently bought a 2007 Honda CR125 and I'm already having problems. I'm burning too many spark plugs in a day ride, and I'm running too rich. Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
You answered your own question.

You're running too rich.

Learn to jet.

Many good threads on here about jetting, if you do a search.

red_rider

May 12, 2009
i too have a 07 cr125. had the exact problem. tried all different plugs and mixtures. didnt work. ended up buying a new jetting kit. never had the problem. and gained a bit more lower end

NJGregsCR

Feb 25, 2007
as the other guys said, your running rich for some reason. That may be the jetting, but other things can contribute to it.

Check your airfilter and clean it. Repack your muffler/silencer, clogged packing can make it run rich. Get a shop manual and dial in the air screw. Unscrew the top of the carb cap and check the needle clip position. All of these things are easy to do and even if it's not the actual problem it won't hurt to get things in order.

Then if all else fails pull the carb, clean it and read about jetting it properly. While the carb is off take a look at the reeds, which may also be the culprit. It's really not that difficult if you read the links and advice people have gotten. I just did 2 bikes based on the info I got from this forum and they run great.

red_rider

May 12, 2009
when honda released the 07 model they replaced the old jetting kit and put a much larger 1 in. this meant that if you were to put around or just let the engine idle for a minute it would flood and completly ruin your plug. im not too sure why they did it, it might have something to do with people running too lean fuel and ceasing the engine. so they just put a larger jet into it.
the spark plugs that i went through were completly stuffed and were not fixable at all. im not too sure but ti think that they also did this to the 06 model aswell.

Top Bottom