burnt clutch

125 rider

Sponsoring Member
Oct 1, 2000
I have a friend with a cr125, and all summer his bike is fine, but the snow comes and he's smoking clutches like crazy. When he rides in the snow, he'll go through a clutch in a day. Someone has said these machines need a load on the clutch for the plates to compress properly, and with all the wheelspin on snow, theres not much of a load,or something similar. Any truth?

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
I don't know if I believe that the snow is whats causing this. There is something else going on. Maybe his oil is too thick, or his cable is adjusted wrong, or his clutch springs/basket are worn? I just don't believe that SNOW is causing him to go through clutches that fast, nothing I can think of can burn a clutch that fast if working correctly.

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
I would have to say basically what Studboy said, poorly adjusted cable, bad springs/basket, etc. Maybe he is feathering the clutch alot more now to get better traction becuase its so slippery, so he's wearing out the clutch that way.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…