Toothmech

Oct 21, 2004
Not Really, but wanted to get someone to read this. Does anyone out there have the thickness specs for a set of driven steel plates for a Honda CR250 '97? The reason I ask: Clutch has been acting funny this whole last riding season, never slipped, but lots of creeping, dragging etc. So over the winter I take it apart (first time since buying it) to find an aftermarket clutch kit already in it, because it has Steel Driven Plates. Great! now I just have to go buy some new fibers, because according to the manual, the ones in there were out of spec. So I get my new set of KG Clutch Factory fibers, soak and then begin installing them. I get them all in and notice I have an extra steel plate (at this point there's a little noise in the back of my head telling me something's up, but I still don't listen :coocoo: ), but i just chalked it up to a screwup from the previous owner and installed the pressure plate and springs. After that, I try to hook the clutch cable up to the actuator and find I have to back the adjuster all the way off and adjust the cable itself all the way just to get it in, and still no free play in the lever (the noise in my head gets louder). Finally I listen and count the old fibers... 9 of them, there's supposed to be 8 :bang: . So here I am with either a new set of fibers I can't use, or a set of steels I can't use :| . Any help with the measurements, let me know, or any other ideas.... Thanks

Woodsracer200

Mar 17, 2004
Clutch troubles

Use the new friction plates and the new steel plates.Look in the repair manual,it will show how many of each that you need.The steel plates are probabaly warped,are they discolored from heat?Blue maybe? Also,measure the free length of your spring's,uneven spring's will cause trouble also.

Top Bottom