Ride4Life

Apr 3, 2007
I am 21 :nod:

I am 6ft

I am 180ish

I am looking at the 07 HONDA CRF450X and the 07 KTM 450XC-W.

Money isnt a issue.

Just wanted more info, comments, whatever you got,... TALK to me about it.

Thanks
Nick

450X

Test It!!!
Mar 25, 2007
well first off i am the same age, weight, and height as you. and i ride a 450X and love it to death, so i may push you towards the honda. but i cant say anything bad about the KTM i'm just not as familiar with that bike. i know both companies strive for durability and reliability. the KTM may be alittle more on the MX side of the two but if your not a racer and just go to the track for fun you would have no problems with the 450X, i take mine to the track all the time, suspension is spot on, handling is great, and it is a torque MONSTER!! :aj: the 450X is a good bike for people of any riding level (probably not a true beginner) because of its smooth power delivery all the way through the rev's, and as you get comfortable with it you can get deeper and deeper into the power as you need, and i still have not ran out of power. :yeehaw:

Ride4Life

Apr 3, 2007
sorry I havnt been online in a while now

So I am a trail rider, some dunes and very little track time... and I love my old 98 250 EXC but I am selling it and getting a new bike... this friday/saturday for sure :cool:

SX250 or a 300XC-W ????????

I am looking at either of those 2 strokes

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Since you have little track time, I would recommend the 300 which should be more friendly in trails.

Ride4Life

Apr 3, 2007
trial_07 said:
Since you have little track time, I would recommend the 300 which should be more friendly in trails.

That is what I am thinking totally.

I really am ready to go get the bike, I just need to get through this week :yell:

it is hard, only thing on my mind is getting my bike :coocoo:

think I am loosing sleep over it too :think:

I should just go get it tomorrow and get the load off ;)

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Wait a minute! Between those two I feel the 300 is better, but I've never owned a KTM. You might want to ask people here that own the 300 XC-W what they think about the bike.

Ride4Life

Apr 3, 2007
I have been on the KTM TALK forums a lot talking to a few different user that ride the 300 and a few that have the SX250, most riders for trails love the 300 more mainly the XC-W line of bikes.

but i just like to see all the options that is why i posted here

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
Ride4Life said:
sorry I havnt been online in a while now

So I am a trail rider, some dunes and very little track time... and I love my old 98 250 EXC but I am selling it and getting a new bike... this friday/saturday for sure :cool:

SX250 or a 300XC-W ????????

I am looking at either of those 2 strokes

i have seen several KTM 300's at the track doing pretty good, so you shouldnt have much of a problem with a 300 at the track for a while :cool: .

Ride4Life

Apr 3, 2007
kawicam250 said:
i have seen several KTM 300's at the track doing pretty good, so you shouldnt have much of a problem with a 300 at the track for a while :cool: .

Thanks for that input.

The few times I have been on a track it was just for fun, doing little heads up racing.

I have never been on a track racing in comp. or anything major so to me any bike will do good on the track.

but knowing it will do good on the track helps in my quest to buy the right bike.

I am damn near 100% on the 300 :think:

Ride4Life

Apr 3, 2007
elcamino12sec said:
ktm parts are expensive and sometimes hard to get, keep that in mind. I say get the honda.

Are you kidding me?

when have they been hard to find, or expensive?

I have 4+ local dealers all within 10-20miles from me. Plus I own the internet and have a credit card to shop online :cool:

But That is just me, you may not have any or just one or two KTM dealers or none

and money is hardly a issue as I pointed out before :laugh:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom