trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Picture is advancing. I will try to correct exposure using layer masks because selecting each and every part of the photo I want to change is becoming annoying and not very practical. I really enjoy doing this!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
trial_07 said:
Picture is advancing. I will try to correct exposure using layer masks because selecting each and every part of the photo I want to change is becoming annoying and not very practical. I really enjoy doing this!

There's a new select tool in Photoshop CS3 that you are gonna love!!

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
I think I fixed a couple of things with layer masks, but I'm still not pleased. I added just a little bit of Gaussian blur to the background.

I've looked at the picture too long so I don't know if it is good or bad anymore. What do you think? (Below)

IMG_0837P2B.jpg

This is the one I posted at the beginning for a comparison. (Below)

IMG_0837X.jpg

So?

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Seeing them both like this makes me realize how bad it is; it looks like I'm glowing :whoa: I'll get back to work after supper...

Last edited:

Bspeed

~SPONSOR~
Jan 14, 2007
here my .02 :

try "dodge and burn" techniques. basically you want to dodge (lighten) the rider's shadow areas.
and use both to creat contrast in the dirt/overall picture.
Wram/dark colors recede, light colors advance. So you can try making the areas past the rider an even tonality, of warmer, and lighter towards the front.

Now here is the deal:
to create a layer just for dodging and burning:

create new layer.
set fill to 50% gray.
(at this point you wont see your image anymore)
double click this layer and set it's (masking i think) to Overlay.

you will now see your image again.
while in this new layer (active layer) use your dodge burn tools. set it to about 7 to 9% on the tool and use a large brush for the background and a small brush for the areas of the rider.

I am not expert by any means, but this method was taught to me, and it works well in most cases. any mistkes in the above - i dont have PS here at work to verify item names, all from memory.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
I'll try that Bspeed. Thanks for the tips and quick tutorial.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
IMG_0837P3.jpg

I think I'm happy with this one. I did mess up with the dodge tool in my chest protector area (there is a red spot), but apart from that I am quite pleased.

Thanks for all the help guys I appreciate!

Top Bottom