C.O.O.R.S. Offroad Race at Cooperland 2/2

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
I met up with fellow spode Lorin to race the cross country at Cooperland. We entered as a team, allowing me to blow like a beached channel cat between laps. The course included most of the woods loop from Dirtweek with some new sections added in. The grass track sections connected two woods parts and were a lot of 5th gear pinned fun. The entire motocross track was used as well. Lorin started for us..lining up next to some local named Reynard or something. Guy Cooper was running too. The team class started on the sixth minute. I watched Lorin and Robbie get set.. the flag drops ... and yes folks LORIN BEATS ROBBIE REYNARD TO THE FIRST TURN!!! He has a witness. We both got in three laps each. Don't know how we came in, but it sure was fun. The woods were pretty dry and slick in spots. I managed to screw up once a lap with one tree visit occuring after seeing how close I could stay with Reynard after he blitzed past me.(not too close) Cooper passed us both once a lap. That guy is amazing in the trees. I'd hear him roaring up behind and just get the heck outta the way, as he cruised by making it look so easy. Anyways, we both had a blast, and managed to preride most of the Dirt Week Hare Scramble loop. :thumb:

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
It was pretty neat to see some of the really fast guys out there. As to the holeshot, Robbie was on a KX 125 and was telling me that this was one of his first rides after the operations on his shoulders. Needless to say, that is pretty much all of the time that I spent riding with Robbie. I believe that him and his dad got in eight laps to our teams six laps. Not too much doubt who won the team entry race. The trails were getting pretty much beat up by the end of the last lap (and the quads were lining up to race), and we were able to see a little of the new trail at the end of the lap, before the creek on the east side of the grass track. All in all, a very fun time. One step closer to making Butch a true, dyed in the wool, woods rider.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Sounds like fun, by the time I heard about this race I had rides planned elsewhere. MX, woods and grass track all in the same race? Sounds like Dirt Week concentrate.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
lorin, you really need to work on embellishing your stories. for goodness sakes you holeshotted RR. take the credit. we assumed he was on a 250 and was healthy. if we dont ask its not lying. man i hate work. i missed badlands, the kc funbunch and cooperland all in the same weekend.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Embellishing too much is a risky business at best with the Heartland Spodes! If I embellish too much, than I will have to try and back it up at some point. Besides, I dont want to give amunition to these guys, they are completely ruthless. I do believe though, that there is another race in Rush Springs on the 15th of February. Any takers???

By the way, we finished 11th out of 15 teams.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Lorin
One step closer to making Butch a true, dyed in the wool, woods rider.

that's too bad. butch was a good person. i always kinda liked him. RIP

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Hey, when Butch rode with me at CL. He was fast. For a guy that claims he doesn't like trees he knows how to ride in them. Congrats on your race guys.

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
That was before I broke my ankle at Cooperland in them dark and dangerous woods. Now I'm scared. 11th out of 15 is kinda dismal, but I can't say I was pushing things too hard!! Don't worry Jay... I haven't given in quite yet. ( I am putting a steering damper and a flywheel weight on my YZ250...!)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by OldMaiconut
( I am putting a steering damper and a flywheel weight on my YZ250...!)

HEHEHEHE! :laugh:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
How did Josh Weinsenfels do in the Pro Class? That kid is like 17 from Arkansas and wicked fast. He's been doing pretty well in the TORO series down here. The only guy that seems to be able to touch him (when he's not runnin outta gas, man he needs to get a bigger tank) is Steve (Levian I think) the Missouri state champ. Watch him, he's definately got a bright future!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Overall Place 72&nbsp;&nbsp;Lorin/OldMaicoNut&nbsp; Laps 6&nbsp; Overall time&nbsp; 127.17 mins.

Pretty good for a guy with a cold and a vintage MX'r.&nbsp; Not bad out of 89 entrants.

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
11th out of 14 teams....
Running #63
Brandt\Swenson
6 laps completed
25 minutes (1st lap)
45 minutes (total time for two laps)
64 minutes (total time for three laps)
85 minutes (total time for four laps)
106 minutes (total time for five laps)
127.17 minutes (total time for six laps and overall time)

Good job guys, sounded like a lot of fun. One of the highlights at DW'02 for me was riding the team CC with my friend, Todd. Of course I had a good time but that is where I injured myself as well at DW'02. :(

Top Bottom