OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
Did a little Heartland Spodes ride at Lake Stanley Draper here in Oklahoma City this morning. I met up with Lorin and his freind Bill, and BSwift. Lorin was on his Texas Mini bike, Bill on a YZ 250, Swift had the mighty Mamba for the first ride on a new motor and I had the trusty 426. Lorin and Bill were the go=fast pair, taking off into the woods like they was racing or something like it. BSwft is still recuperating from a July 5th Cooperland incident and stated that he was going to ride about half=fast. (Funny.. the rest of the Spodes told me he is always a half*ssed rider...anyway) That suited me just fine as I suck more in the woods than my usual feeble skills. we did a nice loop on some trails I had never been on. I smacked into a few trees, overshot a corner or two, and stalled the 426 a few times, .... 'bout normal for me in the trees, but managed to stay on two wheels. We were running along a more open section when BSwift appeared to stop, chunk the Mamba on the ground, and run around in panic stricken circles while the Mamba howled WFO. She revved too fast for the kill button to work, so Brian finally shut her down by getting her in gear and spinning donuts while cursing. Lorin pulled out the tools and did some checking, and found a kinked throttle cable that seemed to be the culprit. But the plot thickens..... It won't kick... the dang thing is stuck! Swift finally whacked the kicker and broke it loose and got her going. Seems to run ok, so off we go again. We get into a neat section of high banked turns. Lorin and Bill are up ahead and Brian and I have picked up the pace and have a nice smooth rhythm going. Here comes a little down hill followed by a sharp, rocky tree rooted uphill. I am right on Swifts rear tire when he hits a root and stalls it! Bingo!! Here's my chance for official initiation into the Heartland Spodes. I let out a yell and nail him, knocking him and his bike dang near over the berm. Sorry 'pard! No harm done. We get things going and meet back at the truck after blasting through a grass track section... Now that's fun!! Back at the trucks we relax for a few when Milk shows up. He is still on crutches after a moto wars incident at 59th. Yes folks, his scar is as gross in person as it is here! We sit around shooting the bull when a kid on one a those quads shows up asking for a spanner. I explain that we are Americans BY GOD.. we use wrenches! Any way I loan him a hammer and drift to adjust his suspension and he tells Lorin about how he's had it up to 105 mph.... Lorin basically tells him that he is full of it, and the kid asks if Lorin would like to take it for a ride...... you could a heard a pin drop... Lorin says Ahhh No.... someone might see me on it! Very classy response Lorin, I couldn't have done better myownself. Anyway, Bill takes off and Swift, Lorin and I take off for another loop. Swift quickly has the same stuck throttle/seizure type problem and decided to pack it in. Lorin and I give him a hand loading up and take a final quick loop before we head to the carwash. So ther ya go! A fun ride and a brutal Mamba whacking in one day. It don't get much better than this! :aj:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Good report Butch!!

That quad rider had to be the biggest moron I have encountered, riding or not. Lorin was classic with all of the smarty pants answers he threw out there too. That was fun. And who says DRN members dont like quad's?!?!? :)

Oh yeah. A new pipe on a banshee will give you 30mph gains. :thumb:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Me too, but not according to that quad rider. He can go 105mph already for Pete's sake!!! :)

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Here's OldMaicoNut, Lorin, his friend, and BSWIFT today at the ride. :)

Attachments

• swiftlorinomn.jpg
    swiftlorinomn.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 265

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Here's OldMaicoNut and Lorin. :)

Attachments

• olcmaicolorin.jpg
    olcmaicolorin.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 258

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
This was a good ride. Laid back and fun. I purchased a new throttle cable after I left and will clean the carb to be sure nothing else is causing the problem. Thank the almighty for new brake pads. Both times the KX went WFO we were in the open so it was fairly easy to shut it down. Glad to see you out and about Milk. I was great to get on the bike again. Still a bit weak in the left hand but I was riding.
Pssst, Bill a.k.a. Rick.

Last edited:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Well... Lorin has the right kind of jersey (Walmart "can't beat the price" special) but he didn't go all the way and turn it into a wife beater jersey. I love those things for thrashing. I swear they last longer than any brand name jersey. :thumb:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
pssst, is Lorin a chick ;) :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Bundu, LMAO! :) :) then cringe at the memory.:scream:

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
LMAO Guys. Now I remember why I enjoy riding. I knew it wasn't the speed ( I don't go that fast) Trophies( I never win any). It's the good time that is had watching Lorin be a smart***, or watching swift crash. Good clean fun.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
yeah, that's right. just go ahead and have a bunch of fun without me. you guys suck. :ugg:

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by OldMaiconut
...Here comes a little down hill followed by a sharp, rocky tree rooted uphill. I am right on Swifts rear tire when he hits a root and stalls it! Bingo!! Here's my chance for official initiation into the Heartland Spodes. I let out a yell and nail him, knocking him and his bike dang near over the berm. Sorry 'pard! No harm done. We get things going and meet back at the truck after blasting through a grass track section... Now that's fun!!...

When my son and I rode out at the Farm this past summer, bswift was riding clean up and I think he hit me at least once on that first loop through the woods... Does that count as the official initiation into the Heartland Spodes? :confused:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I think you need to be run over or used as a berm, to officially join the club :eek: :p

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Thats the thing about the Mamba. You never know when your right of passage will happen. Can't wait until next spring to get another bike! Only 49 more days until we close on the house thought.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Moto we'll consider you initiated. I didn't know the yz had come to Oklahoma tx246. Boy how'd I miss out on all the Heartland Spode bike trading. I still got two GG in the garage. :|

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by justql
Moto we'll consider you initiated.

as the duly elected referee of the heartland spodes, i overrule this last declaration. in order to be officially initiated, one or both of the parties involved must either:

a. hit the dirt
b. do a handstand on the handlebars or
c. eat bark

it doesn't matter which rider meets the standards. in other words, you can fulfull the requirements by causing another rider to do the above. hint: justql prefers pine. ;)

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
Alrighty then.. in the above mentioned "whacking' BSwift fulfilled step A and I did a close approximation of step B, with Swifts dirt biting as a direct linear result of my Mamba whacking.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
welcome to the club, maico but you still have to complete step two which is a secret initiation ritual. you will be able to finish the process at dw. i can only tell you that lorin is in charge of it and it involves being in a small room with him for a specified period of time after he has indulged in a certain special diet.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
As President, I declare the above statement to be true and accurate, all in favor?

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Aye! He gave me a brief "synopsis" of his ritual at Draper. :)

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Man, I miss a few days and come in here and get pommeled! In addressing the Wal-Mart jersey, I dress according to the spodliness of the crew that I am riding with. This particular crew warranted my choice of jersey. In all actuality, the Wal Mart jersey actually works well in warm weather due to the venting. I will admit that it isnt quite as revealing as Justin's special Thor jersey (needs to be burned), but they do the job quite well. As to the new to me YZ; the jury isnt completely in, but so far: "daddy likes." That little bike is fuuuuun! As to any initiation procedures involving me, just pick a day, as I plan to visit each trailer and tent and spread the message. I truly feel like the victim here.

Top Bottom