Can anyone identify these forks ?

Gibbo

Jul 2, 2012
Hi guys,

I've recently picked up a KDX200SR (1992) and the forks are not standard.

Does anyone know what they are so i can read up on how to adjust them???

They only have (as far as i can see) 1 adjustment screww on the top.

When I'm riding the road the front bounces up and down when I get the speed up and i want to dial it out...

any advice welcome.....

PLEASE NOTE: they are not gold they are silver, the previous owner painted them gold....and not very well :nener:

IMG_2325.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_2324.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_2323.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_2322.jpg
[/IMG]

EYY

May 22, 2010
Looks like they might be the standard forks from a 93/94 model kdx200.. You'll find info on the forum about these forks if you do a search. I dont think they really have any adjustment though. You could try repositioning the forks in the clamps higher or lower to see if that helps.

Cheers

Gibbo

Jul 2, 2012
Ok so I took them off and started rubbing off the crappy gold paint and it turns oiut they are blue underneath.....

Also founf a compression adjuster on the very bottom under a rubber cap that was so caked in crap I couldn't see it..

gonna rub all the gold off and respray them in a lighter gold and do it properly....

anyone any the wiser as to which KDX may have had blue forks?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
As was mentioned, the '93 and '94 KDX 200 had inverted forks. Top portions were anodized blue. The bottom part near the brakes was silver.

FWIW, the '91 - '94 KDX 250 also had inverted blue forks. Probably the KLX250 and 300, too.

Kawasaki has a bad habit of making KDX forks with too soft a spring, too low an oil level and too much high speed compression damping. Fix those things and your forks will be much better on the road and on the trail.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom