Can I make a 92 KDX look newer?

bnt55

Jun 28, 2002
Besides the obvious (a new bike) Can I find plastic and a new seat that will make my 92 look newer, like maybe a 95 and up? I found some new plastic at DennisKirk but could not find the newer/slimmer looking seat. AHA (any help is appreciated)

KiDX

Sponsoring Member
Mar 30, 2001
A KX # plate and MX style rear fender would spice it up a little.
You could always try shaving the seat foam to make it slimmer. ;)

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
The 95 and newer KDX's have the newer KX styled perimeter frame and the pre 95 had a single uptube frame and the seat and shrouds from a 95 or newer will not fit your bike. You will also find it difficult to find any graphic sets for older KDX's. Sorry for the bad news.

SQUIRLEYMOFO

Jun 11, 2002
I have the same problem. My plan is to make my bike look like to newer KX 500's I plan on getting black fork protectors and seat cover I put solid white number plates and headlamp shroud polished swingarm and some homemade black silver graphics. John oh buy the way mines a 1990

CMcCarthy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2002
Here's my '94 wearing KX plastic:
http://cmccarthy55.home.mchsi.com/kdx/index.htm

It is my belief that the 1999-up KX 500 graphics can be made to work. They might not be perfect, but they would be a good 5 footer. The KX 500 seat cover fits that bike anyway, so theoretically you could use some of the killer looking seat/graphics combos available. I've yet to see it done, but I'm confident it could be made to work. Were I not selling my 94, i'd try it myself.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom