Can I upgrade '89 KX250 plastics?

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
I might be picking up a 1989 KX250 for $350! It's complete and runs except the kickstarter is gone. I was also warned that the plastic is not much to look at and the seat cover is trashed.

So since I'll most likely be ordering new plastic, I was wondering if the frame would accept newer plastic? Is there any way that I can bolt on say 94 tank, shrouds, seat, fenders and side covers? I'm unsure as to how much the frames changed.

I'm not interested in doing a lot of fabrication to install newer style body work, but if it's pretty much bolt on stuff then I might keep my eyes open for some deals. Thanks.

Micah

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
The 89 was a non-perimeter frame. They went to the perimeter frame w/ the drop-in gas tank and different plastic in 1990, then continued to change to sleeker and slimmer throughout the next decade.

ETS

Apr 13, 2000
Probably your cheapest and best route would be to install newer KX500 plastic and graphics since they are the same. That's the easiest and most economical update.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…