tagruvto

Oct 11, 2003
I have recently purchased a 1999 KDX 220. The bike needs a little
TLC and this site is providing me with some excellent guidance. The trip meter is not advancing and I am wondering if anyone has some advice on whether this is something that is worth repairing(and if so, how I would go about this). I have checked the cable and it is intact and the inner "coil" spins freely. I can hear the meter clicking when I spin the from wheel.

redramhemi

Jan 27, 2004
Ill sell you all the pieces to mine that I could find, maybe they'll help (damn crashes) :rotfl:

tagruvto

Oct 11, 2003
The cable seems to seat on both the front wheel and the trip meter. The inner part of the cable also turns freely. I also disconnected the speedo side of the cable and spun the front wheel and the inside of the cable spins, so it is seated ok at the front wheel. I guess I'll pull the trip meter off the bike and peek inside it for something simple to adjust. If I can't figure it out I'll check out the trail tech computers.

Thanks

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
I bought the trail tech. Nice set up. If you need the wheel circumfrance for your bike its approx. 2247cm in the setup program. I calibrated using the stock odometer and its pretty much dead on. But at least you know its the unit thats giving you the problem

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom