Canadian National Hare Scrambles

jmutiger

Oct 10, 2001
Hey guys,

Gimme some e-cheer.. I'm gonna be taking my KDX to the last national race of the season tomorrow. So far this year I'm in 5th place in the Intermediate class.. Woo hoo! This should be a good race!

Jon!

davidg

Apr 30, 2002
Good luck! Don't do what I did at my h/s last week. Bent the handle bars on the second lap, made for an interesting remainder of the day.

jmutiger

Oct 10, 2001
Well, I finished 4th in the race, and 5th overall. I had a bit of an annoying experience.. They ran the route on an MX track, but backwards, so none of the jumps made sense. In one lap I was on the gas a bit too much, and flat landed a big jump from about 12 feet in the air. The handlebars rolled downwards over the tank, and I did 2 more laps like that before coming into the pits for a 12mm.. Then the next lap, the same thing, on the same jump. It was tough to re-adjust to so many different bar and lever positions.

The winner of the class is a name to watch out for, Chris Vanhoev.. He's one smokin fast young kid.. In the Pro category Allan Lachappel took the win narrowly over another rising young talent, Tony Boercamp. This kid is insane fast!! I got between the 2 of them on the last lap, (as they lapped me).. they were totally duking it out. While Allan went by me, I got in Tony's way for a bit (unintentionally of course). Once Tony was able to get by me, he totally ripped.. Although out of control, as he went down, but he was totally smoking fast. This kid is going to be going to the big race in Florida in January, he's a force to be watch out for!

Anyway, that's my report. If Anyone tells you a KDX just doesn't have enough pop, they haven't ridden one long enough. They have plenty of get up and go, and they don't tire you out too badly after a long race.

I'd like to thank Maxima Racing Oils for their help this year, and look forward to many more seasons running their products.

Jon!

jmutiger

Oct 10, 2001
I think it'd also be nice for me to thank the clubs which held these races, the people who voluneteer at the barrels, the sponsors who donate the draw prizes. Some of the sponsors include:
Machine Racing
Pro-tech Suspension
Inglis Cycle London
Diablo Goggles
Yamaha Canada
Honda Canada
Suzuki Canada

And everyone who supported the season this year by showing up and racing. There was $2000 of draw prize money at the end of the season, which would have not been possible had it not been for the people who raced.

Until next year, and the National Enduro Series,

Jon!

phastphill

Sep 4, 2002
Make sure you save time for the 49th Corduroy Enduro this weekend. Allan will be ther along with Matt Spegilmyer and even Kevin Hines. I'v got almost 70 pre entries already.Won a few logs there myself over all the years and even a couple on a KDX.

jmutiger

Oct 10, 2001
I'm planning on coming Phil.. I've only done one Enduro, the Mini Pine.. I don't fully comprehend the whole time keeping thing, but I'll give it a shot.. I want to see the masters loops, so I'll enter the Intermediate class, even if I lose.

Jon!

phastphill

Sep 4, 2002
At the Cord the masters ...AA AMA and Experts..A.AMA, ride the tougher loops. Int does not , most enduros yes but not here anymore...we had a couple of bad years....Just ride the Novice class and go for a log. If you wanted to you might have time on sat to ride the "river trail "the whole length like the masters and still get back to impound on time. I like it it's bout 15km long trials section.....lol...anyway we will see ya there.....Phil

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom