marksharp

~SPONSOR~
Sep 29, 2002
RB Designs

I have the RB mod along with FMF Gnarly pipe and silencer, DF2 reeds, and air box lid gone. I'm very pleased with the results. Even more low end and mid range, but now it screams on top as well. I don't know about the head mod although Ron advertises it as a noticeable improvement. I just didn't want to hassle with octane boosters and potential detonation from the higher compression. Maybe there is a happy medium, but like I said, I don't have any personal experience with head mods. Besides, for my type of riding, not racing, I have more than enough power to hurt myself.

bleedngreen

Jan 9, 2004
RB Mods

Got my '99 220 carb and head modded by Ron at RB Designs and the results are really quite amazing. My bike was pretty snappy with just a Gnarly Desert pipe, ventilated airbox and optimized jetting-- but with the carb and head work, now it's got a power band fatter than Star Jones...

Really, from snail speeds to a screamin' (for a KDX) top end, throttle response is tremendous and I'm getting no trace of detonation while running 93 octane pump gas. Of course I SPECIFIED I'd be running pump gas.

If you have a 220, I believe at least getting the carb done is a must do,as you lose nothing and gain plenty. The head work is just icing on the cake; it should give you a little more snap from the increased compression AND a reduced tendency to ping due to the reshaping of the chamber. Worked for me.

Can't say if you'll get such a profound metamorphasis with a 200, though, but from reading posts on the subject, it seems like a real good bang for the buck...

GREENHORNET

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
Go with the RB Carb, it really wakes up the KDX- Ihave both the FMF rev and torque pipe with TC2 S/A and a Rad valve, no airbox lid. It really rocks, really snappy like a KX250.

Patrick

Mar 6, 2002
My 220 has the RB Carb and head work with a rev pipe. The most noticeable thing to me was the improved low end power and response. The low end power is a big benefit when you want traction because you can ride in a higher gear. Down low it's like a four-stroke - very smooth and great for riding in tight areas. Top end throttle response is better but the hit is more manageable, more linear, and just what I want in the woods. No problems running 93 octane which is what I specified. No headaches with the jetting either. It was perfect.

kdxfreeeek

Sep 18, 2003
well ive raced 2 fredrette kdxs in strait drags and trails i eat them with my kdx 200 96 and i have about half the money into it its all where you put the mods and what you want you cant build a bike that can take all kivds of riding with changing sumthin else just not posible

well happy riding

roger

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom