Carb bore w/ torque pipe?

PHXKDX

Nov 20, 2001
Hi all,

I have a '98 220 with the usual mods: Fredette suspension, reeds, KG-35 (torque) pipe and TC II silencer, etc... Is it worth getting the carb bored (or RB mods) with the torque pipe or would I need to get the rev pipe to make the mod worthwhile?

I ride everything from tight desert single track to light moto to grand prix races.

Any input would be appreciated.

Bazooka Joe

Registered
Apr 4, 2002
Boring the carb is a GREAT idea with those mods. Basically, you can expect a powerband with about a couple thousand more rpm to the top end. I was able to experiment back and forth back when I bought the 220 and still owned the 200. Without question, the larger bore carb is a nice mod. If you go with a carb bore (plain w/o RB device), you will want to add a set of Boyesen reeds to the shopping list. W/o the reeds, the engine will stumble slightly if the throttle is whacked full open at idle speeds.

BTW, If per chance, you are looking for a set of reeds, I have a brand new set of Pro Reeds still in the wrapper. Shoot me an offer if interested.

Last edited:

ava

Apr 13, 2002
GET THE RB MODS WELL WORTH IT ON MY 2001 KDX GIVES CRISP THROTLE RESPONSE AND MO BOTTOM END

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…