Dec 9, 2007
Ive got a 06 YZ250 2 stroke. Looking for good or bad feed back on carb boring. the RBDesigns YZ 250 carb mod. They bore to 39mm and install a divider plate adding top end and not sacrificing low end. Has anyone done this?

Was looking into pro actions website and they do engine work where they match cases, deck cylinder and polish transmission gears. What would you benefit from doing that? I can see higher compression for matching the cases. But what is done when you deck the cylinder? Also the Vortex carb mod. Anyone done it? I emailed them asking about it but havent heard back.

That RB Designs carb mod looks tempting. $150 seems a little steep though. Im looking for more things to do to the engine to gain performace I have a big bore kit on already and porting. Running out of things to do.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Riding lessons and a properly setup suspension might be the best money you ever spent on a bike. Plus the skills part transfers over to every other bike. I know it might suck to think you need to improve rather than improve the power of the bike to go faster but it's true for most every rider out there.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
All the mods and companies you listed are pretty much snake oil, avoid them like the plague! Ditto what Pat said! Solid performance work, go to Forward Motion, or hit up Pete Payne. Vintage Bob

Dec 9, 2007
i dont need riding lessons ihave been riding dirt bikes for 17 years. as far as forward motion, i have the 295cc bore done by eric gorr, port and polised, milled head. I love it best money I have spent on the bike. Alot more mid range and top end pull which I was after.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
expansion chamber said:
i dont need riding lessons ihave been riding dirt bikes for 17 years. as far as forward motion, i have the 295cc bore done by eric gorr, port and polised, milled head. I love it best money I have spent on the bike. Alot more mid range and top end pull which I was after.
Can you beat Stuart? There is always room to get better. MXTech. Vintage Bob

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Have Eric set the bike up with 1 ring and race gas. The 6 hour top end rebuild? Polishing the trans is the only real worthy mod you first questioned. If that is not enough, check out a KX500? Vintage Bob

dirtracker

Jun 21, 2006
expansion chamber said:
Yup I don't need either riding lessons I am also riding more than 20 years.
Do you think if kevin windham go back to school he can beat stewart?
But I am sure If I go it will make my pocket lighter.

Top Bottom