Carb Needle, where can I buy them on-line???

Masu

Dec 29, 2001
Hi guys!

I should get my parts on Thursday or Friday, so I can get the bike back together.

I need some carb needles, the Kehin guys here say that the R1174K (Kawasaki) N427-48BFQ (Kehin) is not availible in Japan??? I checked twice, those needle are only for the US they say???

Where can I get these needles?

I sent e-mail to Sudco and Carb Parts Wharehouse, but I have yet to get an answer.

With the mods I've done to the bike, Ithink this is the correct needle to start with, I would order one or two above and below it just to give me adjustability.

What do you lot think?

Any suggestions?

Cheers!

kdxxx200

Dec 21, 1999
Carb parts whse should have what u need. You could also try buykawasaki.com and most of the time Tuff racing has anything you need to the green machines..

Masu

Dec 29, 2001
Thanks for the info!

BuyKawasaki won't ship outside of the USA, I'm in Japan :(

What about this Carb Parts Warehouse, got an URL?
or Tuff racing?

I searched, but could not find anything.....

Cheers!

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Your best bet might be to talk to some one from Sudco, www.sudco.com , they sell a line of brass needles at $5 each rather than the exaggerated factory price. They are a whole saler but will likely be able to give you the names of some distributors. My first pick would be RD Designs. You can track them down at www.rbdesigns.com From my experience and others on this board I'd suggest you pick up a 5 or 6 needles including a
CEJ, CEK, CEL, BEL, BEM and BGL etc. or ask Ron for some recommendations, he's been pooling a lot of info for KDX owners with RB Designs modified carbs. For the most part the needle selections should be transferable to KDXs running non-modified carbs. You might also check around Japan for someone selling jet needles for Keihin carbs. You don't have to buy a needle from Kawasaki to find an appropriate profile for your KDX.

Hope that helps,

David

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
First off i would think it rather odd if you could not easily find needles for Kehin carbs in Japan.

I ordered some needles from Sudco and by mistake i ordered two of each needle. I have an extra CEL and a BEL needle if you want them. I paid $5 each plus shipping. Give me that plus shipping and they are yours. I can have them shipped from USA or give them to a friend of mine who will be heading to Japan the second week of February.

Masu

Dec 29, 2001
Kevin, that would be really great. You could have your friend just post them to me once he gets here, or come by my shop if he likes, and I can pay him. Do you have a PayPals account? If so, I'll send the cash to you that way and you can just send them in the mail, might be easier.

Your call.

Cheers!

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
PayPal = Yes.

I will see my friend on the 7th. I think he goes back to Japan the end of that week. I will PM you with my e-mail address.

ps. it's Kelvin - not Kevin.

Masu

Dec 29, 2001
Sorry about that Kelvin!

That would be great!

Send me a mail, and give me the details. If he is not coming back to Japan for antoher week, I'll pay the postage, I would really like to get this sorted.

Cheers!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom