Carb Questions

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Now I believe you have shown me why some of my newer carbs are jetting odd. I should have known, when I seen the security screws. I will try and get it apart tomorrow and see if its an issue.

Fatherof2

May 17, 2009
Guys,

I pulled the carb, and cleaned it up.

I took it to the Kawi dealership just to get an opinion. They said it looked great, and was ready to go. No need for any new parts.

I am going to pull the tank, and give it a good cleaning.

I will take a look at the Petcock while I am at it.

Thanks everyone,

D.

reepicheep

Apr 3, 2009
Did the shop measure the float level? And check the float needle valve for a witness mark? And pull the slow jet and make sure it wasn't blocked? If the inside of a carb looks dirty, it needs to be cleaned more. If the inside of the carb looks clean, it may or may not need to be cleaned more.

The only way I could get the float height right on mine was to put the tube off the bottom through a cork in the big hole and run it up the side of the carb body, and slowly add gas. If things went wrong, I had to drain completely and start over. Even then it was fussy process, but that's when I finally got it right.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Unless they used a micro scope, how does one determine if the float valve is worthy? And if you get it to seal, what happens when it rotates a degree or so? Some parts you look at, and some need a little more work. Some that appear shiny, are in fact worn out. Vintage Bob

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…