whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Now I believe you have shown me why some of my newer carbs are jetting odd. I should have known, when I seen the security screws. I will try and get it apart tomorrow and see if its an issue.

Fatherof2

May 17, 2009
Guys,

I pulled the carb, and cleaned it up.

I took it to the Kawi dealership just to get an opinion. They said it looked great, and was ready to go. No need for any new parts.

I am going to pull the tank, and give it a good cleaning.

I will take a look at the Petcock while I am at it.

Thanks everyone,

D.

reepicheep

Apr 3, 2009
Did the shop measure the float level? And check the float needle valve for a witness mark? And pull the slow jet and make sure it wasn't blocked? If the inside of a carb looks dirty, it needs to be cleaned more. If the inside of the carb looks clean, it may or may not need to be cleaned more.

The only way I could get the float height right on mine was to put the tube off the bottom through a cork in the big hole and run it up the side of the carb body, and slowly add gas. If things went wrong, I had to drain completely and start over. Even then it was fussy process, but that's when I finally got it right.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Unless they used a micro scope, how does one determine if the float valve is worthy? And if you get it to seal, what happens when it rotates a degree or so? Some parts you look at, and some need a little more work. Some that appear shiny, are in fact worn out. Vintage Bob

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom