Coolector

Nov 25, 2003
I was wondering how to adjust the throttle on my bike. I let the throttle adjusters go all the way out and still cant achieve any play in the twist grip.
When you look into the carb with the idle screw out and the throttle closed should the slide be fully seated on the bottom of the carb with no gap.
Thanks

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
On my Mikuni VM round slide, the slide is close to being fully closed, and is actually kept from being closed by the needle seat below it. In reading your post, you mention that you have the throttle adjustors all the way "out." I believe that the adjustors should be "in" if you are wanting to achieve slack, or freeplay at the throttle tube. On my setup, you actually have two adjustors, one on the cable itself, and another where it screws into the top of the carb.

DENNY

Nov 24, 1999
Is this an old bike with an aftermarket cable? I have a 73 Elsinore and the Terry Cable wouldn't allow the slide to rest on the idle screw. Even with the 2 cable adjusters all the way in. I ended up cutting away some of the outter casing of the new cable.

storytime

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Yes theslide should rest at the bottom . The side tward the engine should be sealed tight at idle,the side tward the air cleaner has a cut away and will look to be partly open to the untrained eye. At idle there is a tiny tiny little hole in the base of the venturi just infront of the slide on the engine side, this is what feeds the engine fuel at idle.

Top Bottom