carb tuning - power lacking

FLAWLESS

Jul 30, 2002
Hi,
I have a 88 KDX200. It seems to be running well, pretty smooth and responsive, but I have ridden a KDX250 and it would **** all over mine.
My KDX200 has Wiesco pistons and is a lighter bike, so I was hoping to keep up a little better.
My bike has trouble keeping the front wheel up too. Is this normal??

The only adjuster on the carby I can see is the idle adjust!! Are there any other screws? Is there any way to pep it up a bit. It startsfirst time, The bike blows FA smoke when its warmed up and has good compression too, so it doesn't seem tired.

So any help to tune it up a bit would be appreciated.

Justin

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Chances of your bike being jetted correctly are small. Few riders want to 'mess' with it. Too bad, cuz it's the biggest bang for your buck you can get!

But, jet it however you want...a 250 will still spank 'ya!

'Front wheel up'?? Depends. You're not going to pull the front wheel easily in 3rd with a simple wrist-flick.

There is an air screw adjustment (the brass one). Adjust it for best off-idle throttle reponse, say in 2nd gear, under load (uphill) from a slow walking pace using a quick-flick to about 3/8-1/2 throttle.

Tons of other stuff, depending on how much you want to do.

Still, a 250 should leave you behind in any power struggle.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…