MoO_coW

Jul 14, 2000
My carb on my 98 cr 125 has some blackish lines running down the walls of it(where the slide goes on the inside) and then towards the bottom, right above where it opens ups the black lines are kind of swirly. I tried to get some pictures by couldn’t get any good ones. Is this carb wear? Is there anything I can or should do about it? Also after my bike sits a while and I then ride, it seems to have a bog down low until I slip the clutch a few times and get it into the powerband, im guessing its just flooded(im hoping its not my crank seal leaking) could my float valve have gone bad and be causing the flooding? Im getting ready for my big bore and just want to have everything worked out for when i get riding again! Thanks alot guys for any help

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Most carbs even when nearly new have lines down the bore area-its hard to judge if its worn but if the slide chrome plating is in good condition i would be the bore is as well.

MoO_coW

Jul 14, 2000
Thanks Marcus, do you know anything about the float valve? My manual says if it wears out than it can cause flooding and im thinking that might be it, is that possible? What should I look for as far as wear or damage? Thanks alot guys

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom