scrawshaw

Dec 19, 2001
Last Summer, after about 5hrs. of perfect performance following a tuneup, my bike became hard to start when cold. The weather had not changed. I found that after many kicks, it started better with the choke off. I noticed that the screw at the bottom of the side of the float bowl was cleaner than the rest of the bike (gas leak?) and threaded out a lot. I loosened it slightly and gas came out of the tube coming out of the carb to the ground. Then I tightened it until only a thread or so was showing. (just snug) When I loosened it slightly, the gas came out again, so I tightened it slightly. I had never smelled gas in the garage while I was having this starting problem. Then the temperature was a little colder, when I tested it on two seperate occasions. Problem gone. First question, why did the screw find a new position where the fuel would not leak? Could this tightening of the screw have solved the problem or did the drop in temperature help the jetting? This bike has never been that sensitive to temperature changes before.

QKENUF4U

Nov 13, 2005
that screw is just a drain screw for your float bowl. you more than likely got rid of some dirt/junk that had built up. might have been clogging your pilot jet (idle circuit)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom