Carmicheal on RacerX online -- MXdN talk

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
it is HERE

an interesting part, after saying RC wants Mike Brown to go with him:
I won’t put you on the spot and ask you who the third teammate should be, but I will ask you this: Do you hope to go this year?
Yeah, I hope to go. It’s my understanding that it’s back to the old format again, so that’s really special. I think that will help build the race back up. The Motocross des Nations is a great race. It’s a lot of effort on the teams, and it’s a lot of effort for everybody. But to go there and get a victory is awesome. But we need everybody’s support, and everybody has to want to go, because it is a lot of money, and it’s a lot of effort. And to go to the race half-cocked, it isn’t worth it for anybody. It’s not worth it to our fans, riders, or the team members, and it makes our country look bad. It makes us look like we’re not the strongest out there, and I know we are, and I want to go whip some ass! I want the best team. I want to dominate. I want it to be like the old days of Johnny and David, RJ and Wardy—just world domination—because I strongly believe that nobody is better than us.
"Old Format"? What are we talkin' bout here? Two guys at a time again (125/250, 125/Open, 250/Open)? Old scoring? What?

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Actually, the last time Carmichael raced the MXdn, it was a qualifier format with one main event, like a SX. No seperate motos. The winning teams best two scores (out of 3 riders) counted for the overall.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Tim's right about the 1 moto. I think riders could choose any displacment they wanted under that format.

Just checked the FIM rule book and for the '05 MXdN. Each 3 rider team will have an MX1, MX2 and "Open" rider.

3 motos - first are MX1 & MX2, then MX2 and Open, then MX1 and Open.

It's such a good format, I don't know why they ever changed it.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
indeed, Dirt bike Dave, that's my favorite format.

Lookin' forward to it.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Whatever the case, Everts will no doubt show up again on that $200,000 530cc carbon fiber freak machine, just to get spanked again by team RC. :nener: Just fishin', baby.

Rotaholic

Mar 10, 2004
Hey I live in New Zealand and have watched Josh Coppins and Ben Townley ride and I reakon RC would give them a good leason on how to ride a dirt bike.

I reakon ama is alot faster paced than the MX1. Just my 2cents

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
RC is alot faster than gp1 but not ama motocross isnt a the minute IMO.We would have such a better race series if they combined the two, watching rc win by half a minute and little racing behind isnt much fun to watch.

Sayntmatt

Jul 22, 2002
I agree I reckon RC and maybe Bubba and CR are faster than Everts/MX1 but the rest of the AMA guys would probably get a run for their money. I do hope tha Americans come this year and I do think that if they do RC will probably walk it!!

By the way where is it being held this year??

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Sayntmatt said:
I agree I reckon RC and maybe Bubba and CR are faster than Everts/MX1 but the rest of the AMA guys would probably get a run for their money. I do hope tha Americans come this year and I do think that if they do RC will probably walk it!!

By the way where is it being held this year??

Somewhere in France I think. Not sure though.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Seriously, under the old rules, who would you pick? I'm a bit disappointed with both RC and Bubba in that they both need to take a big breath and start getting along. Nothing would be a bigger disaster than to send those 2 together now. Clearly, RC's heart's in it. I'd pick a hotheaded Alessi on a 450 and Brown deserves the 250F spot. RC, Alessi, Brown. Three guys that won't give up, and will show up to kick ass. All of them have agenda's too. Especially Brown, who if whooped some ass on his former 'team' mates, would be making a big statement.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Not sure why Brown deserves a spot,, he is nowhere near as fast on a 125 as Bubba or RC.

I'd like to see Kdub on the open, RC on the 250 and Bubba on 125.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I think we ought to send Chad Reed. Oh, he's Australian? OK, how about Grant Langston? What? He doesn't look African. OK, how about Sebastian Tortelli or David Vuillemin? No? Juss Lansso? Crap, I guess we can't send anybody. Might as well send Alessi, then.

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
nephron said:
Seriously, under the old rules, who would you pick? I'm a bit disappointed with both RC and Bubba in that they both need to take a big breath and start getting along. Nothing would be a bigger disaster than to send those 2 together now. Clearly, RC's heart's in it. I'd pick a hotheaded Alessi on a 450 and Brown deserves the 250F spot. RC, Alessi, Brown. Three guys that won't give up, and will show up to kick ass. All of them have agenda's too. Especially Brown, who if whooped some ass on his former 'team' mates, would be making a big statement.

I'm with neph, RC Allessi and brown works for me. All fast, all tough, and I think allesi is a little more mentally tough than some of the otheres that people may choose. ;)

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
I feel as awkward supporting Alessi as Pred does RC, but I would like RC Alessi and KW. Brownie would probably be really motivated though to show the Euro crowd he has it :) (can we send Alessi without his Dad? :debil: )

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
It helps to send people who WANT to go. Remember when Ryan Hughes went with RC and Travis. I thought Ryno was going to get spanked, since he didn't do much in the Nationals that year. Ryno stepped up big time, and became one of my favorite riders that day. Send a hungry group of riders. Toughness and pride go a long ways out there.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
angry jim said:
It helps to send people who WANT to go. Remember when Ryan Hughes went with RC and Travis. I thought Ryno was going to get spanked, since he didn't do much in the Nationals that year. Ryno stepped up big time, and became one of my favorite riders that day. Send a hungry group of riders. Toughness and pride go a long ways out there.

I agree with that... I like Ryno before, now he is one of my favorites from that race on. RC definitely needs to go... I thought Bubbles deserved a chance, now I am undecided. I am no Alessi fan either but I wouldn't be unhappy if he went, just debating whether or not he deserves the shot. Brown in my opinion does deserve it. I would like to see Windham go too.

I guess I really don't care as long as the riders we send want to go and do there best to represent the USA. Send a team with heart and I will be happy.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Well if you had RC and windham on the big bikes and bubba on the 125 it would be a very strong team, brown and alessi could both do real well but i think they both have weaknesses, brown would like to prove something, but both had some serious bad races when over here and may not mentally be there, then again KW head isnt that strong and he wont fly, bubba has never seemed keen so i guess it would be RC brown(as hes RCs buddy) and alessi-got to admire alessi for his "i will race any track any time on any bike attitude"

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
IMO, the most fair way to pick our team is to take the top 2 American riders in the AMA outdoor 250 class and the top American in the AMA outdoor 125 class. Being on the team should be a reward a strong season.

If any of the first choices don't want to go, proceed down the AMA outdoor standings to the next American until you find 3 takers.

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
dirt bike dave said:
IMO, the most fair way to pick our team is to take the top 2 American riders in the AMA outdoor 250 class and the top American in the AMA outdoor 125 class.

So, Langston and Reed can't represent the US, even if they win the AMA championships?

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
I would send RC, KW and Mike Brown. These 3 guys are at the top of their game right now and would be the three best all around riders to represent the US in Europe.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Tony Williams said:
So, Langston and Reed can't represent the US, even if they win the AMA championships?
no, Langston is South African, Reed is Australian. They would more than likely prefer to represent their own countries.

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
Tony Williams said:

:fft: No way can you claim Reed. He's our (Australia's) best rider.

dbd has got the right idea in my opinion.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I'm surprised DV wouldn't want to ride for America--he's the one that gets pissed if people refer to him being from France, and not Corona, CA.

Top Bottom