Cars....

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Ah yes. So this evening I'm replacing 2 rotors, 4 pads, 2 sway bar end links, and a transmission line coupler on the wifes trailblazer.

Who else does there own work on the cars? I don't mind it so much, but I'd sure rather be wrenching on the bike!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I do it all day every day.

Those rear links can be a bit tricky. Look closely at the axle seals and parking brake shoes when you get the rear rotors off.

You probly don't have the issues with rear rotor backing plates in NC we have here in the road salt capitol of the world.

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
I don't mind wrenching on my own stuff as long as it's not urgent to get it done then it sucks.

Steve

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008

Plenty of salt up here in the winter time. We're in the mountains, so in the winter there's salt everywhere. The rear backing plates are mostly gone, indeed. I had to cut the bolt for one of the rear swingarm links too, wouldn't back off even with the impact gun. Aside from that they weren't too bad.

It threw a pad off the rear and destroyed that rear rotor. Has to be about the worst one I've ever seen.

It's all better now!

J.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Lol, yeah, the late model Chevy trucks seem to love eating rear brake rotors. They get rusty and start to flake apart which ends up tearing the lining off the pad. It gets much worse when the backing plates rot off. Then there's nothing to shield the rotor from the water.

Wait until you get to put a thermostat in it. :boss:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…