tator

Feb 17, 2004
The folks trying to open the Castaic MX Track (Castaic Action Sports Canyon) need some help, in the form of letters of support from the MX community. There is a small but organized opposition to the track that is spreading negative misinformation, but they are getting support and letters against the opening of the park. Your letters of support would be much appreciated to counter the opposition claims at the next Land Use meeting which will be June 8th at 6:30.
If you’re interested in helping out, please take the time and write a brief letter, addressed to the Castaic Town Council, stating your support of this track opening. Send the letter to Neil Nadler at nadler@skypipeline.com. Neil is the owner of the land, and the man responsible for trying to get the park open.
They especially need letters from Castaic residents, but everyone's will help. If you know anyone who lives in Castaic or the surrounding Santa Clarita areas, please contact them to write a quick letter. This is not just a MX park; it will also have an indoor skate park, a BMX track, rock climbing, a swimming pool, camp grounds, and hiking/mountain bike trails, so this park will benefit many, many people and their families.
The sound test was completed April 30th and it showed no real increase in noise, it was like 1 decimal. The people who are against this think of us as "bikers" to quote one of them "who's going to break up the drunk'n knife fights". So if you have the time to help out e-mail Neil and get on his mailing list. Thanks Brian

rlp1

Jan 18, 2004
Letter sent. I hope they open this up. I live less than a mile away from the track, and I went to the sound test. I just hope they improve the track, cause it sucked when I went.

tator

Feb 17, 2004
Thanks, that track (if you would call it a track) was for the sound test ONLY. I did not see it at the sound check, but there is a large map with all 4 tracks on it.

Top Bottom