CR-For-Ever

Feb 25, 2002
I'v been trying new oils out, trying to find one I can stick with.

I purcashed a very big bottle of Castor 927.

Is this a good oil or will it leave carbon and who knows what is my motor when rebulid time comes.

Just Curious if it was good stuff...

Thanks.

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
It works great but I found a lot of carbon in my bike. It may not be from just the oil though. Otherwise, I have no complaints.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Excellent oil,excellent protection,Read my post in products reviews.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I run 927 and like it, it smells good with c112 :confused:
I did notice the top end wasn't as clean with the 927 as it was with silkolene but that big of a difference to make me switch back.

rlindsey

Nov 18, 2001
Castor bean oils are some of the dirtiest for leaving build up in your exhaust header portion of your pipe and power valves. It has a very good film strength though. Another problem that won't come up for awhile now that it is warm out side is that it seperates when it is cold out side. At least that is what I have experienced. But it does smell good.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Castor bean oils are some of the dirtiest for leaving build up in your exhaust header portion of your pipe and power valves. It has a very good film strength though. Another problem that won't come up for awhile now that it is warm out side is that it seperates when it is cold out side. At least that is what I have experienced. But it does smell good.

I will agree with rlindsey, it does give great protection but if you dont run your bike hard then the oil wont burn well and you will have a lot of carbon build up. I use maxima superM. If you havent tried this oil yet, you should. It is great and burns easily. Here is a little chart i found about flashpoints of maxima's pre-mix.

Castor 927
Color D 1500 Yellow
Gravity °A.P.I. 17.6
Viscosity SUS @ 100°F 617
Viscosity SUS @ 210°F 73
Viscosity cSt @ 40°C 133.1
Viscosity cSt @ 100°C 13.79
Pour Point, °F -5
Flash Point, °F 420
Fire Point, °F 480
Viscosity Index 99
SAE Viscosity 40

Super M
Color D 1500 Orange
Gravity °A.P.I. 22.5
Viscosity SUS @ 100°F 448
Viscosity SUS @ 210°F 68
Viscosity cSt @ 40°C 96.5
Viscosity cSt @ 100°C 12.30
Pour Point, °F -20
Flash Point, °F 280
Fire Point, °F 300
Viscosity Index 121
SAE Viscosity 30

There ya go. Just look at the flashpoints.

CR-For-Ever

Feb 25, 2002
Hmm Maybie I'll send it back to bobs, I really dont need a oil that spooges.

I dont ride my bike very hard either I bought a huge $20 bottel to.

I'll see maybie I'll send it back..

Thx

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
You think that's bad I bought a big $45 gallon bottle of Klotz BeNOL castor oil thinking since I ride my bike real hard it would burn good and leave no spooge. Well after 1 ride with BeNOL I was ready to get rid of it.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
my 96 kdx had real bad carbon & spoog build up? at rebuild time. the bike was used when I bought it and was'nt jetted correctly. I like my yammy 2rs ! just wish I could buy it @ more places.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Hmm Maybie I'll send it back to bobs, I really dont need a oil that spooges.

I dont ride my bike very hard either I bought a huge $20 bottel to.

I'll see maybie I'll send it back..

Thx

Yeah if you dont ride your bike very hard then i would go with SuperM. I ride my bike very hard on an mx track once in a while and it still performs great. I ride in the woods also at lower temperatures and it spooges very little. I have to go up 1 size on my pilot, that is the only reason i think it spooges, but good luck.
Marc

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
I had run Castor for ever, from when I was a beginner till last summer. I loved it and never had spooge, carbon, or any problems. I switched oils to Motul 800 and it is just great. I got a gallon for free, and used it when I was in a pinch, and have not stopped since.
Run 927, run superM, run your special blend of oil, in my opinion, the differences are negligable.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I agree with Kawie, the Motul 800 works great in my RM. I trail ride, hillclimb, and do a little mx and the bike spooges very little. I have also used Super M with decent results but like the Motul better. Top end looked very clean and in good condition, too. I believe jetting plays a big part in the spooge factor. Bike runs excellent since the switch to Motul.
Good Luck, Darringer.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Do you know the flash point of motul 800? 927 as a very high flash point. I cant ride that fast yet :confused: but i heard synthetic does give more protection but there is a lot more carbon build up, and i kind of dont like the sound of that.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Originally posted by dell30rb
I cant find ur post... can you put up a link?

Well I had a change of heart with the 927,It is an excellent oil,but I did have some exhaust issues with it.Amsoil for me.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Originally posted by Rockey5000
Can you elaborate about the issues bigred?

Here you go rock,don't get me wrong the 927 is an excellent oil,but I have seen the downside...

927 take back what said
I noticed, I lost alot of throttle response gradually.I said before using the 927 I didn't have any issues with how dirty it ran well I took off my silencer last night the packing was black inside out from end to end.The ends where the stinger goes and the cap at the other end had alot of carbon built up I am talking alot.The holes in the baffle were clogged pretty bad not in the center ,but at both ends.I got a thin allen wrench and started clearing them out, it was so hard I had to spray easy off to loosen the carbon up.I did alot of scraping at the silencer cap to get the carbon out and the stinger too.Finally I got every hole cleared in the baffle and repacked it.I bet you my throttle response returns.I am not bashing the 927,I know it lubricates excellent ,but now I do see issues with how dirty it does run.For you other guy's who mentioned this before, I see your point.My power valves are working smoothly,but like I said before the main flap has hard carbon around it, even though it opens fully,the carbon around it probally changes the way the exhaust timing operates when the flap snaps open.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom