chain probs

FDR492

Jun 28, 2002
Here's the situation. Went riding this past weekend, took a break, didnt realize my chain was off. Fired it up, poped the clutch.CHSFTTZZ! My chain is now jammed in between the front sprocket and the chain guard that is mounted to the swing arm right behind it... and its jammed good...

Any idea's of how to get it off? I dont much care about the chain nor the sprocket( after the incident i found about 3 teeth badly chipped [on the visible half!])

thanks, any help will be good

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Ouch! Poor machine :(

You are not going to like what I have to say but......

If the guard is hard mounted otherwise known as welded to the swingarm you will need to remove the swing arm mount bolt that runs through the block. It is a genuine PITA seince you have to drop your dog bone just so you can get the play to reinstall. While your at it remove the front sproket retaining nut and circlip, it will give you some side to side play to fool around with. While everything is off think about relacing the chain and sprockets, new parts never hurt, seince you mentioned damaged teeth.

Good Luck,
Phillip

FDR492

Jun 28, 2002
thanks, the chain guard it not mounted to the swing arm , but i dont have enough clearance to take the bolt off

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…