[CR] Sprocket/Chain help requested

DarkFox

Apr 4, 2005
Hey guys, as I was taking off the tires/rims on my 96 CR250, i took a good look at my sprocks and chain. The chain was shot to hell, as it makes a squeaking noise when you move it around, the tops/bottoms are severly worn, and you can bend it side to side. I'm thinking about going with an "X" ring chain, after seeing all the "no maintenence no stretching" posts about em in this forum. The sprockets were horrible also. The teeth were way too wide, and some are larger than others. I don't know anything about sprockets, I was looking at this for the front sprocket ( front )
And mabye this for the back ( rear ) ? Does the teeth-count really affect performance Power/Speed that much? Thanks for your time and info! -Darkfox

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
go with the renthal rear and match it with renthal front
for that matter get any name brand front and rear
gearing will make a good difference go with what is on the bike now if you like the power delivery or post again with your current sizes and get help to tailor your intended improvement

DarkFox

Apr 4, 2005
Ok, I counted the teeth, they are:

Front = 14 tooth
Rear = 52 tooth

As for my intentions, :laugh: i wanna make it go Uberfast!!! :)
Would the 53 tooth renthal make that much of a difference from my 52 tooth? I plan on buying this for the ( front ) and This for the ( rear )

And when I go to the dealer, I'll get myself a nice Xring chain

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
13/50 will give you virtually the same result as 14/53 (14/54 to be exact), you won't have to worry about rear sprocket clearance, and you can run a shorter chain.

Top Bottom