Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
What does any of the KC riders know about Champion MX and the United States MX in Nevada MO? Their web site alludes to a national championship series by way of state championships, but list Champion MX as the only track on there schedule. To race at their track you have to pay an additional $15 sanctioning fee. Is this a case of putting the cart before the horse?

Link to Champion MX:
http://www.championmx.com/

Link to United States Motorcoss:
http://www.unitedstatesmotocross.com/mx_links.htm

B

biglou

The way I understand it, they are looking at making their USMX an alternative to AMA. We just discovered their track about a week or two ago and have been wanting to get down there and ride. I think if you sign up online in advance, you can save some money on the entry fee. The track is supposed to be a GP-style track with lots of rolling jumps as opposed to sharp, SX-type jumps. Let us know if you are going to head that way and we can meet you down there. I think Jamie has a bit more info on this place. I'll get him to post what he knows.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
This is what I hae found out so far. A GP style track it is not. My cousin raced down there yesterday so I will have a better report tomorrow. He called me Saturday and said that he went by there and there are a lot of big jumps and that it looked pretty well groomed. From what I gather, the USMX and this track are partners of some sort. I am not sure how it all works. I am thinking about giving USMX a call this week to get the 411 on it.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Okay, here is some of the scoop on Champion MX in Nevada, Mo.

My cousin went down there Sunday to race his quad. They cancelled the race
because some of the MXer's said it was too cold. They won't let you practice
there, only race. The jumps are huge and the track is not beginner friendly.
From the sounds of things, it will not be open for very long.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
This track opened last year. I think they had a few races last fall. The track is on the west side of hwy 71. You can see it from the hwy when you drive by. It is on the south edge of Nevada, and is a SX type of track.

Big Lou, I would like to check it out myself, give me some advanced warning when you guys are planning on head down there.

I sent a e-mail to USMX with some questions. I questioned them about the NIT race and the $15 sanctioning fee. Here is the response;

A NIT event qualifies riders to the National Championship. In USMX there are two ways to reach the National Championship. Either by qualifying at the State Championship or qualifying at a NIT event. All riders are required to ride at the State Championship even if they have a berth from an NIT. The reason for this is to make sure the State Championship has all the best riders in the state participating. The advantage to gaining a berth to the National Championship at a NIT is you can plan for the event and not worry about having a bad run at the State Championship.

Champion MX is seperate from USMX and I don't know if they allow practice. You will need to contact Russ at Champion MX.

The 2002 season is the first for USMX. We are currently talking to tracks in KS, OK, TN, TX, IA and NE. Hopefully there will be more tracks signing on to the qualifying series in 2002. Starting a new organization is always a challenge and takes a little time to get everyone onboard. I am confident that USMX will become one of the top motorcross organizations in the counrty within a few years.

USMX is promoting the idea of the average rider getting the opportunity to ride in a State or National Championship. Riders across the country have said that not having a realistic opportunity to advance to these type of events have kept them from riding more. USMX is promoting the idea of "More Riders More Races"

If you participate in our State and National Championships and don't have a good time and enjoy the opportunity, contact me and I will be happy to refund your $15.

Thanks for your interest,

Rick Fortuna
Executive Director
USMX

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by Sawblade

The reason for this is to make sure the State Championship has all the best riders in the state participating.

USMX is promoting the idea of the average rider getting the opportunity to ride in a State or National Championship.

Can you say "contradict"? How can you have the best riders if you are looking for the average rider? I am an average rider and I have no business at National or even most state races!

Top Bottom