Loctite

Jun 1, 2001
Excellent job with the helmet cam and vid Badgerman.
Hannah your riding looked excellent too... Very cool to have your skills filmed by a professional...
The video makes me want to ride the loop again.

See ya at trail fest with the cam!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Thanks for sharing Tim. Another memory in the books.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Joburble said:
Great video BadgerMan, looks like fun. What make of helmet cam are you using?

It's a Gopro......first time we used it. I was pretty impressed with the way it turned out. A lot of resolution was lost with the upload to Youtube. It will record a little over fifty minutes with a 2G SD card. I am still trying to come up with a better mounting option as I had to be real careful with the camera strapped to the top of my visor.

The next project will be Trailfest, The Movie!

http://www.goprocamera.com/products

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
BadgerMan said:
The next project will be Trailfest, The Movie!

http://www.goprocamera.com/products

Very cool!

I will want a copy. Let me know the production costs.

Trailfest Advice....keep it on two wheels while filiming. We had a young buck filming a previous Trailfest event. He did a great job of filming - especially when we saw...trail, gas tank, sky, ground, sky, where's my bike??

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
fatherandson said:
I will want a copy. Let me know the production costs.

....six pack of Two-Hearted IPA. :nod:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Looked like a great ride, wish I had made it! Hannah has really come along. “Smoking dad on the trail” Keep it up Tim.

SPARKEY

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
May 7, 2001
Great video Tim, Look like you guys had a good time.

Good choice of music Steve Morse one of the best!

Sparkey

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
SPARKEY said:
Great video Tim, Look like you guys had a good time.

Good choice of music Steve Morse one of the best!

Sparkey

Yeah, I was thinking of you when I picked out songs for the "soundtrack". I still have your DVD. It will cost you a couple homebrews to get it back. ;)

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
That looks like a pretty nice setup, that GoPro camera.
I've got two 1/3" Sony SuperHAD camera with replaceable screw-on lenses. I also have an amplified stereo mic. However I do not have a recording engine that can handle vibration. I was trying to cook something up to use those cameras but the GoPro looks like a good option. I'm not too sure I like the look of it on the top of a helmet though, especially mine, which seems to like scooping up branches. I've had trees strip off my goggles, knock the sunglasses off my face, etcetera. A big two by three inch square looks like a big target. A bulletcam & remote DVR looks like it would be less surface area to whack.

What's been your experience with the mounting?

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
Nice video Tim. I thought Ian was going with. I saw you push something with your thumb under the route sheet,what were you adjusting?

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
3KDXXR2 said:
Nice video Tim. I thought Ian was going with. I saw you push something with your thumb under the route sheet,what were you adjusting?

Ian was there but he was long gone, riding with Craig, John, Mike, Mark, and whoever else. I was adjusting the mileage on my odometer to match the route sheet. KTM sells a remote handlebar switch so you can adjust easily on the fly.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
ws6transam said:
What's been your experience with the mounting?

I have only used it strapped to the visor of my helmet. The 90 degree mounting bracket that allows you attach it to the side of your helmet sticks out real far and appears vulnerable. I am going to try mounting it on my chest protector and maybe on the headlight shell of my bike.

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
I have a camera mount on my handlebars, and tried mounting my MiniDV camera to it. However once I started up my YZ490-powered WR, the vibration was so bad that you couldn't see anything and there was so much tape/head separation that the dropouts were immense. So I had to axe the MiniDV idea, which was normally what I usually use in my Trans Am when racing. I need to either get a portable digital video recorder of some kind, or else something like what you've got.

Top Bottom