morbid

Mod Ban
Jul 5, 2008
1) 6feet 180lbs
2) Very?
3) Fields, woods, maybe small jumps, asphalt
4) Yes. Mostly on quads. Fastest I've driven is a raptor 660 and I loved the power.
5) Not competitively. Maybe race my friends every once and a while :boss:
6) I have never done any bike work before, but would love to learn.
7) I like Suzuki, because my cousin has had a utility quad from them that has lasted him like 10+ years without many problems, so in my mind they are really reliable
8) None that I know of.
9) I don't want to spend more then $2000.
10) Nope
11) 19 in two months
12) I would like to have a bike that is road legal or easy to make road legal in the near future, but I would like it to be 90% off roader 10% street bike if you know what I mean. The off road capabilitys are more important to me. I would also like it to be FAST. as FAST AS POSSIBLE! :p

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
4) Do you have any riding experience?
5) Do you think you will race ?
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
10) Do you live in California?
11) Your age?
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

m0rbid

Jul 5, 2008
OH and I forgot. I would like it to be a reliable bike. I know almost any motor vehicle will be reliable as long as you take care of it, but think of it like this. I want the Toyota of bikes, not the Dodge of bikes, haha.

m0rbid

Jul 5, 2008
Hey guys, I was also wondering if you could tell me some good sites to look for bikes besides Craigslist.

Can someone also enlighten me on 2-stroke vs 4-stroke. From what I have read/heard ... 2-strokes are faster, but harder to maintain and don't last as long as a 4-stroke. Is this correct? I have also heard that rebuilding a 2stroke engine is cheaper and easier then a 4-stroke. I have also heard that a 2-stroke is about as fast as a 4-stroke with a twice as big engine. (like 125cc 2stroke is as fast as a 250cc 4stroke) And, 2-strokes burn more gas and oil, correct?

m0rbid

Jul 5, 2008
Here are a few I've found.

Race Ready Honda CR250 - $1800
Excellent condition -- very pretty dirt bike. Fast Fast Fast is all I can say. Just returned from performance shop with motor rebuild and many performance upgrades. (v-force reeds, pro-circuit platinum exhaust, etc. ) Starts on first or second kick every time. Must sell to make room for new Ducati.

Best offer takes it home.

005 YAMAHA YZ450F - $2000
2005 YZ450F RUNS BETTER THAN NEW!!! Pro Taper Fat bars, Pro Taper Fork Clamp, Henson Race Clutch, Race Tech Forks, Renthaw Sprocket & Chain, FMF FULL TITANIUM PIPE with POWER BOMB HEADER!!! This bike is not for the faint of heart,very fast...Price is FIRM....

Honda CR 250 2001
I have a Honda CR 250 2001 for sale.
I bought this from Ebay recenly- have a title too.

I was told that this needs only carb cleaned , after i recieved the bike and gave it to my mechanic , he told me there is lot more with this bike. he said " needs seals for the front shocks , Carb is in excelent condition , needs top end done "

I am not willing to spend couple 100s more in it i have already spend enough when i bought this bike from ebay - if you know how to fix these things you can buy it from me.

Thanks, (make me an offer)
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST FOR A FULL REBUILD? WHAT ABOUT JUST TOP END?

Kawasaki 2005 KDX200 - $2250
Excellent condition, original owner, never raced, low hours.

2004 KTM 200exc - Great Cond - $2350
2004 KTM 200exc runs excellent, well maintained $2350.

2004 KTM 200 EXC
2004 KTM 200 EXC excellent woods bike. Runs Excellent! Well maintained.
V Force reeds, Synergy Fork Seals, new bearings, Ultra heavy duty tubes, headlight and tail light, Speedo w/remote. $2350.

Last edited:

m0rbid

Jul 5, 2008
I think I just might have found a good deal. This is for sale at a local dealer. Cycle Concepts in Richmond, VA.

2000 Kawasaki KX 250 - $2,400.00
Less Than 1 hour riding time since rebuild. New Top and Bottom End, Wiesco Racing Piston and Rod. Garage kept, all paper work

Like a faithful companion, serious motocross and off-road racers know that they can count on the Kawasaki KX250 to get them to the winner's circle. This is the machine that has topped almost every magazine shoot-out over the past three years and will carry riders such as Team Kawasaki's multi-time champion Ricky Carmichael to AMA Supercross and National Motocross glory. The latest continuosly evolving, race-bred engineering is incorporated into the 2000 KX250 to keep it at the front of the pack. Revised engine tuning, an all new bladder-type front fork tested on the factory race bikes and the best racing support program in the business make the KX250 better than ever.

They also have a 2000 KTM 250exc for $1900

m0rbid

Jul 5, 2008
Thanks for all the info guys!

Hey, just curious, how much would you guys pay for a 2003 KTM 300mxc? It looks amazing. Looks like its only been riden like 5 times. The owner claims 4hrs riding time max and he also claims it has never seen water or mud in its life. The bike looks really good so I believe him.

digifox

May 25, 2006
Never seen mud or water?
so what did he ride it on....lol J/K

Avg. retail used is $2,530
So if its in great condition offer him $2,800 :nod:

m0rbid

Jul 5, 2008
What kind of gas do I have to use in the 300mxc?? I'm reading the manual for a 300exc I downloaded from KTM and it says I need to use RON 95 mixed with 2st oil. Isn't RON 95 race gas? I can't just put 93 octane mixed with oil?

m0rbid

Jul 5, 2008
m0rbid said:
What kind of gas do I have to use in the 300mxc?? I'm reading the manual for a 300exc I downloaded from KTM and it says I need to use RON 95 mixed with 2st oil. Isn't RON 95 race gas? I can't just put 93 octane mixed with oil?

I just read RON ratings are a little higher then the ratings at our pumps, so premium 93 will be fine, right?

May 10, 2007
just so ya know anyone can make a bike look real clean by just buying to plastics. they will make the bike look brand new. so check the air filter if its clean itself and the air box then you are good.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Dude, you're 6ft/180. You should be on a full size bike. You seemed concerned that a bike be "fast", anything smaller won't be "fast".

m0rbid

Jul 5, 2008
On the 300 KTM I couldn't even touch both my feet on the ground at the same time while sitting on it, lol. Again, the guy said he had the suspension set high, but I didn't really think it would allow me to lower it about 4 - 5 inches to my comfort zone and I didn't want to buy it at the risk of not being able to make it low enough.

digifox

May 25, 2006
m0rbid said:
On the 300 KTM I couldn't even touch both my feet on the ground at the same time while sitting on it, lol. Again, the guy said he had the suspension set high, but I didn't really think it would allow me to lower it about 4 - 5 inches to my comfort zone and I didn't want to buy it at the risk of not being able to make it low enough.

Anything can be lowered with adjusting
i got my bike to ride with about 3-4" droop with me on it(so i can put my feet on the ground)

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
While I can empathize with wanting a "fast" bike, pretty much any 250cc+ two stroke is pretty darn quick. I'd bet my 8 year old KX 250 that was generally regarded as one of the slower bikes of its year would feel pretty fast even compared to the Raptor. How tall was the guy selling the KTM? Seems like dropping a bike 5 inches is pretty far, and you may want to adjust your expectations about fast bikes and appropriate ride height, especially if you're 6 foot tall. Not trying to be a wet blanket, just trying to be realistic.

gopat

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 19, 2007
I have a kdx220. These are trail bikes from the ground up... Larger gas tank, plenty of low end power, quiet, very reliable, and easy to plate. Yes, the suspension is a bit soft, but fairly easy to stiffen. These are great bikes for tight stuff, not good for mx tracks...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom