Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Quality, Speed, Price. Pick two sacrifice the third. Instead of outright cheapest I try to find a few places that have a good record and stick with them. Then if I have an issue come up they can see I have a track record and they tend to be more helpful. My current picks are Service Honda & MX South.

jut199

Feb 11, 2008
Price and speed. The same name brand for parts is going to cancel out the worry for quality. Maybe u mean cust service quality?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I prefer rockymountainatv.com for aftermarket parts & bikebandit.com for OEM parts.

bikebandit.com is pretty slow on most items, but I haven't found another source that can touch there prices. Even my local dealer can't touch them.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Cheapest:
If you don't care if the order is slow to ship, incomplete, wrong item then go the cheapest way because aparently your time has no value. I believe my time is valuable so the less time I spend placing the order the cheaper it is.

Speed:
Having shomething shipped faster because it takes longer to process the order sort of defeats the cheapest factor unless the company is picking up the expedited shipping. If it takes 10 days to get the order with 3 day shipping how exactly is that 3 day shipping? Buy some some of these places and find out the hard way what the fine print says.

Quality:
Get a wrong part and see how easy it is to return it. Who pays the shipping? All of a sudden that cheap price isn't so cheap nor is it fast.

I placed an order with Service Honda last Tuesday afternoon for some OEM Honda pieces, obscure stuff for a 2001 CR125 and it arrived on my doorstep in a FedEx box today. I don't even bother checking if the order is right because I have ordered thousands of dollars of stuff from them and it has NEVER been wrong or late. If I placed this order with my local Dealer it would have taken until this coming Friday, it would have cost 35% more and I can almost be certian it would be incomplete/wrong. There is something to be said for the value of quality service and when it is very reasonably priced it's I don't see why nickle & dimeing is important.

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
Ive ordered from motocrossgiant and i always get the order within a week like it says... when i said motocrossgiant is not the cheapest i meant its not the cheapest but reliable... :pissed:

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
Motosport just sent me two front tires instead of the front and rear set that I ordered. To make matters worse they sent me a Pro Curcuit Launch control without the 5 screws needed to mount it.

I called Pro Circuit and spoke with their warranty guy. It happens to be Mitch's nephew, what an idiot. The punk sent me three button mounting screws when four are required and the wrong screw for the band piece that clamps on the fork leg.

I had asked him to send the screws overnight at PC's expense and he said that would cost to much. I kindly mentioned that I had paid over a hundred bucks and $15.00 wasn't going to kill him. He sent the screws U.S. mail and as I said above he screwed that up too.

I've wrote a complaint letter to Mitch Payton, I doubt it will accomplish anything but it made me feel better. Meanwhile I've been looking for the proper length and thread countersunk screw so I can use this $109.00 paper weight.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I would of called Motosport on the PC parts. WHat did they do about the tires?

I've always found Motosport & Rockymountain to be very reliable. Just bought a Shoei Vmoto for $289 :)

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
They said they would take the tire back but that's a pain in the a$$ so I just ordered another rear tire and got them to waive the freight.

They don't keep spare screws for PC parts. It was a packaging error on PC's end.

In the past Motosport has been fine. Lately everything is getting screwed up regardless of what it is. Maybe it's time to retire?

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I got a place for oem Honda parts out of AZ, not sure of their name, but I paid $125 (which included shipping 2nd da) for a 06 450R clutch. I will post it from my work computer.

I would still called them for the PC parts, it could of been a return that they then shipped to you.

Retirements not an issue when your havin fun :cool:

jut199

Feb 11, 2008
Yeah, screw ups can happen. Also, to pay a litte extra is alright if it means better service and faster shipping. To me one week is slow. I've ordered from motorcycle-superstore and it was at my door in 3 days. I think I'll just stick with them. They have decent pricing.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom