Check it out

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Hi all,
I haven't been posting here a whole lot lately, but some of you may remember me. Regardless, I've recently started a blog to help promote my sponsors and give people a little insight into life as an aspiring racer. My plan is to post weekly videos (right now I use a gorillapod to hold the camera to a tree/rock/ground but I hope to use a helmet camera in the future), race/ride reports, product reviews and anything else related to offroad racing and riding.

Here's a link: http://dirtbikechronicles.blogspot.com/

Also, if you have any suggestions on how to improve the blog, please don't hesitate to ask.

Steve

ODM2

Mar 16, 2009
Speedy-- that is great. (Will check out blog later.) I had noticed you weren't posting and wondered about that. You've been missed around here. Will you be going to Portugal for ISDE this year? Helio Lucas says it isn't too far from where he lives.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Unfortunately, Portugal isn't in the budget. It costs $10-15 grand on top of all my other racing to do the ISDE and after two years in a row, I just can't afford it. I am racing the Canadian Enduro Championship this year (www.worldendurocanada.com), part of the PN series (www.pnwma.com) plus other events in the PNW. I hope to go to the 2010 ISDE in Mexico too.

ODM2

Mar 16, 2009
Nice bio.

Will you be adding web pages with your photography or keep that a separate deal? What about pages with race results/dedicated to specific events?

ODM2

Mar 16, 2009

Nice to know young bachelors have budget limits sooner or later. ;)

I thought there was an event in the Washington that looked up your alley.... can't remember it now....A new event.... hmm- ring any bells?

The PNW looks like an awesome series!

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
My photography (the business stuff, not photos of me) is on a separate webpage that is almost finished. I'll add a race schedule tonight, then results as they come. I may eventually integrate the blog into a personal website, but that will be down the road.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Awesome Steve! So where is your snow? I can't ride around here yet, maybe sneak up to those secret trails ;)

Also, let me know next time you have a shirt sale to raise money! Almost got the last ones worn out!!

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I actually have some left over t-shirts and hoodies from last year if you're interested in getting one. What size do you need?

2strokesrock

Oct 7, 2008
That was some good reading :cool:
It makes me want to try racing....

P.S keep riding a 2T :ride:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
You ever drop down to Cowville to go riding Steve? Not that I could keep up, but could pick up a shirt from you then?

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Haven't made it down to Little Pend Oreille (I assume that's what you're talking about) in years, but might be able to come down in August or October for a ride. Let me know if you have any rides planned up that way.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…