Chest Protector with elbow, shoulder, and kidney protection

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
EVS BJ22, it has all that you are asking for and lower spine protection. I have been using one for over 6 months now and I still love it.

essef

Jan 17, 2007
I've been thinking about getting the Six Six One or the EVS ballistic, but how hot does that get under a jersey? Maybe it a case of rather sweat than bleed? What about just going the over-jersey chest protector route?

essef

Jan 17, 2007
FruDaddy said:
You put it on first, then put the jersey on.

I got that part, but the question was more related to a heat issue. I keep getting different answers regarding the armor "suit" (under) vs a regular chest plate (under or over jersey). Being a noob to the dirt, what is the norm?

CHR!S

Jun 30, 2006
the conventional chest protector has been around for longer; body armor like the ones mentioned above are relatively new to dirt. i would get a pressure suit if i had the money, the look like they provide alot more protection.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I have recently spoken with a guy that got an EVS for Christmas, he loves his as much as I love mine, they are worth the money.
As far as the question about heat, during the summer, I just don't wear a jersey, the Ballistic has the long sleeves, so it serves the purpose. I also wear under armor under mine; heat gear in the summer and cold gear in the winter. This is partly due to the only complaint that I have about the BJ22, it rubs my chest a little, I expect that this is an isolated issue that would not affect others. With the under armor, I have zero complaints.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
FruDaddy said:
I also wear under armor under mine

Don't you feel that it makes you warmer?

I know in hockey, with a chest protector, jersey, and elbow pads, the under armour is freaking hot. I can't wait to get my equipment off because that's when it turns cold. Not sure how it'd be outside though.

essef

Jan 17, 2007
I just bought the Alpinestars bionic pressure suit. Fits like a glove. Now I've got it all except for the boots and I'm good to go!

Steve St.Laurent

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 6, 2006
I have the six six one pressure suit and while it provides great protection it is hot. Keep in mind I'm a winter person and I HATE the heat so take it for what it's worth. Anything over 50 degrees or so and I wear moose sahara vented gear over the pressure suit. In 35 degree weather I'll wear just the pressure suit and a jersey. Anything over about 75 degrees and I'm just dying. I just bought a regular chest protector because I'm planning on running the D14 enduro series this year and I know I'll have to ride on some hot days and the pressure suit just won't do on those days. But any time it's cool enough to wear it I will. I really like the spine protection that the pressure suit offers having previously broken my back in 3 places in a road racing crash.

CHR!S

Jun 30, 2006
elliot67 said:
Don't you feel that it makes you warmer?

I know in hockey, with a chest protector, jersey, and elbow pads, the under armour is freaking hot. I can't wait to get my equipment off because that's when it turns cold. Not sure how it'd be outside though.

i don't feel much warmer in underarmor, but it does make me really itchy...

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Is it safe to assume that you wear the cold gear in your hockey garb? If so, then that's what it's supposed to do. The heat gear is fine for warmer weather and actually helps you stay a little cooler.

Chickie

Jan 22, 2007
essef said:
I just bought the Alpinestars bionic pressure suit. Fits like a glove. Now I've got it all except for the boots and I'm good to go!

I have the womens version that I just tested out today and let me tell it AWESOME! I wore it both ways under and over my jersey. It works either way but I would rather have it under but have an underarmor shirt on for the longer rides. It isn't hot at all either. Today it was high 70's here and we were riding sun and shade and it was still cool running through the shade. It breaths really nicely.

I know at work we sell more Bionic or EVS suits than pressure suits now since it seems the others breath at lot better.

Top Bottom