Chest protectors

TrackMaster

Mar 15, 2001
I know there was a thread a while back, but i cant find it... So ill ask now:)

Im in the market for a chest protector, and im debating between
- HRP Flak Jak
- Thor After Shock
- No Fear Stratos

Im leaning towards the stratos, but im not sure. Has anyone tried these, im looking for some opinions on the different models/brands.

oops duh. im 6' @ ~140lbs

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
IMO the HRP is the way to go. It is very comfortable, provides excellent protection and comes in two sizes for adults. I felt the THOR was too snug and restrictive.

TrackMaster

Mar 15, 2001
Thanks. The only one ived tried on is the stratos, and it fits great. I like the hrp, but none of the local dealers carry hrp. The thor looks a little restrictive but i couldnt tell w/o tring it on.

keep em comin guys n gals:)

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
I would also consider the Acerbis Fusion (if they still make it). I have one and LOVE it. I have tried other checst protectors, but IMO, they are not nearly as comfortable or durable.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
I went for price this time. My last was a Fox and I liked it fine, but didn't want to spend the money so I bought an Ocelot. It seems a lot like the older Fox. It has supended shoulders and for $50 instead of $100 plus for the others I thought I'd give it a try. I don't even notice it when I'm riding.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I use and like my Thor Aftershok. It does have higher shoulders so if you look back lots it may not be the best pick, albeit very comfortable.

TrackMaster

Mar 15, 2001
Thanks guys thats what im looking for.:cool:

I do look back alot, so i wont want one that sits up too high.
Kawie - is it the clear one? I think they still make the fusion.

Hmmm.. just what i need, more options :confused:;)

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
I just recently went through this shopping deal myself. I tried on a very wide variety. I went with the HRP myself, as I had one before and really liked the comfort and protection of the raised shoulder. I really liked the No Fear one and nearly bought one, but I wanted the "arm guards" for woods riding. As for the Acerbis unit, I thought this was "the one", but it didn't fit "me" well :( . It may be fine for you though, but I would recommend trying them (this goes for all, for that matter) first.

Hope this helps, and doesn't confuse the matter more...

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…