xLastShotx

Aug 9, 2005
Ok, I want to get a 125 2stroke Bike. I Am moving from a 2004 Kawaskai 250F which I am currently trying to sell. I am 16 I weigh about 165 Pounds and I am 5'11". I want the bike to be at least as fast, or close to as fast as the 250F. I don't race. I do 75% trails, 10% Steep Hill Climbing, and 15% Sand Dunes. I have never ridden a 2stroke dirt bike but I do have a banshee so I am not completely new to 2strokes. I have been riding ATV's and Dirt bikes for 4 years. I don't have a preference for brand, I just want whatever one is best. The thing that I think is most important is reliability, I don't want some bike that is going to overheat or breakdown on the trails. I will probably Get a new exhaust system, new air filter, re-jet it, and possibly get some nice reeds if I have the money. Is a 125 Two Stroke Race Bike, Even the right bike for what I want to do with it? One of the main reasons I am going to the 125 2stroke from the 250 4stroke is that the 125 is much lighter and alot easier to start up.

Which of these bikes would be better stock:
2001 KTM 125SX
2001 Honda CR125R
2002 Suzuki RM125
2004 Yamaha YZ125.
2003 Kawasaki KX125

Most Reliable Bike:
Fastest Bike:
Best Handling Bike:
Best Overall Bike:
Best Aftermarket Parts Selection:

Last edited:

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
the left one?

Seriously though, your compairing red apples to green apples.
There all great bikes. Major diff on the YZ for those years. It got newer plastic in 02.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Hondas always seem to have very good build quality. The early 2000 motors were apparently down one or two horsepower from some of the others.

In recent years, the KTM's and YZ's have had the best motors.

RM's tend to be the most "flickable" and corner really well.

ALL the bikes yoy listed have great aftermarket possibilities.

YOUR personal preference will determine which bike is the best for YOU.

BTW, 250f's and 125s may be in the same class, but there are little similarities as far as the motor. You will find that the 125 may have about the same peak horsepower, but the 250f has LOTS more low/mid torque.

As you noted, the 125 is a bit lighter, easier to start and easier to work on.

If you wanted it to be on a near equal basis for racing, you'd need to overbore the 125 to 144cc.

For what you're doing, you might want to look for a 250 2 stroke. . . I love 125s, but they are not the ideal trail/hillclimbing/sand bikes.

My .02 worth. . .

xLastShotx

Aug 9, 2005
Yeah, I have a 250 Four Stroke so I do know what you mean. But that bike is a big bike and I really like the size and weight of my 125 Four Stroke I just dont like the lack of power and crappy suspension it has.

xLastShotx

Aug 9, 2005
Hmm, i have been reading a bit about the KDX200 and it looks like a good bike, is it any smaller or lighter than my 04 kx250f tho? Also I cant find any for sale used in california.

Top Bottom