Choke-idling too high

Foxpilot

Jul 24, 2002
I have a 99 kx100 and when you turn the choke on to fire it up after its sat for awhile, when it starts, it idles really high. As soon as you shut it off like 5 seconds later it goes down to normal idle. Is there a way to set the choke idle? I was turning the choke knob and stuff screwing around with it so this might be why the bike is doing this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foxpilot

Jul 24, 2002
Does turning the the choke knob change the idle somehow? Cause it didnt do this before, it just started happening after I turned the choke knob.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
on some models of carb it does-im not familiar with the KX100 carb, try turning it back and see what happens.

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
all the 2 strokes ive had have usally done this, for the first minute it revs higher than usual

i dont have any advice sorry

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
There is no choke knob adjustment on the KX100. Take Marcus' advice on the pilot jet change.

Foxpilot

Jul 24, 2002
I would take his advice..but I didnt change the ketting and it started doing this, it was fine before.

cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
and the weather changed (colder) and it went lean. did the weather change by you foxpilot?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…