Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Not Doing the MX Thing!

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
We're trying to get an idea of participation for the various events, in this case MX. See below for our description of the classes and please take the poll.

Keep in mind! DirtWeek isn't a MX weekend, there is no prize money, it's about having fun. The overly competitive and sandbaggers out there need not attend.

All Classes Except A/Pro are one moto.
A/PRO is 7 laps, 2 motos
All others are 5 laps, 1 moto

C-Class. If you have (recent history) or do race locally, not for you. If you can clear most of the obstacles on the track at Cooperland, it's NOT for you. C-Class = NO JUMPING. This class is for those that normally don't/wouldn't feel comfortable entering a MX race, but would like to give it a shot at DirtWeek. Don't be flagged-off! Get in the right class.

B-Class. You Do/Have recently raced locally and/or you can clear most of the obsticles on a typical MX track. You are comfortable in a racing environment on a track.

A/Pro. Pretty obvious here, however DirtWeek's A Class can be compared to fast B riders in your district. You need to feel comfortable being on the track with Pro's (real ones, lol).

Bikes With Lights. Your bike CAME FROM THE FACTORY WITH A HEADLIGHT. This is an opportunity for the woods riders to play mx'er for the day.

+40. Obvious.

Women's A/B. Duh! Classes run together. B is for beginning ladies.

Youth Classes. 2 or 3 classes. We will form these classes on site based on number of racers, bike size age and ability.

Last edited:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
After taking my spill on the track at Cooperland in '02, I'm staying off the track. Trees for me please! :)

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
If there is one thing I REALLY suck at, it's racin! Put that flag in my hand! Their ain't NO way I can make it round that track more than twice, at a hard pace! I know the 40+ class even has serious riders as well, so nope, it's not gonna happen.

XR3J

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 7, 2001
I raced in the C class last year, and if I remember correctly, finished mid-pack. Do I race C again, o move up to B. I do not race at all the rest of the year.
Jerry

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
Okiewan said:
Bikes With Lights. Your bike CAME FROM THE FACTORY WITH A HEADLIGHT. This is an opportunity for the woods riders to play mx'er for the day.

So I take it that if our bikes didn't come with a headlight (even if it has one now), but is set up for woods riding (handguards, heavy flywheel,suspension set up by Jeremy W for woods/harescrambles,porting by Eric G for woods riding, extra capacity fuel tank, and run the bike in GNCC's/harescrambles) that we aren't a "woods" rider and can't ride in the bikes with lights class? :(

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
BEEF706 said:
What happened to the clydesdale class, been in seeeerious training for that one

:rotfl:

That is fricking funny ....

Wait two more years and I will vote for an over 55 class!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
motohead00 said:
Isnt' that the over the horizon class?? ;)

Sunrise .. think sunrise !!!

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
after my spill last year and getting knocked back to Afghanistan and a week in time from it, I'll give the C class a shot :)

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I will positively, absolutely, without a doubt, be in the same class as BigLoozer. :aj:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I believe they've opened up a new class for Twinny called the No class.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
You may have a statistical edge (luck) on your side this year, but I've got a 1973 CZ 4hunnert. I WILL win because sir, I don't suck. :)

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Me too bro (sniff). Please don't run over me when I tip over in the last turn, because I will be ahead of you until I pass out. :cool:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I voted C class, but I probably won't race it (I'm scared of that many people on the track all at one time!). I also voted womens A/B, I probably don't have a chance in the world of even taking a place (I've never raced!) but it'll still be fun! And there'll be less people on the track!

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
Not sure if I will race at all but i put down the ones that seem to be available. Bikes with lights, dam i even got one of those now!

wardy

Top Bottom