Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Looking at antique tractors for my Dad to have out on his land. Should I assume the puddle under the diff is from something else?
http://dallas.craigslist.org/grd/646801799.html
If I were to call on this one I think I'd be questioning that. Beautiful looking tractor IMO.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Is he going to be using it, or is it to look at?

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
He/ we plan to use it. We're actually looking more towards a Ford 8N. I like the Farmall's more but it's his money. :) It'll serve light duties like mowing and draggin' trailers around the property. I'm sure a box blade will be on it too. We're trying to get a storage building up on the property first.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
He has 10 acres total. There's about 3+ acres that are flat and wide open. Gonna put a MX track right there.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
TwinSpar said:
So you can watch other people ride?
:rotfl: That one left a mark :rotfl:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
That was just an attention getter for the idiots on here. Obviously it worked. :cool: I/ we ain't puttin' no damn track out on his land. I want to plant some corn or crap like that. That's alot more fun than riding dirtbikes anyways. Gonna be tough though as I heard farming 4 acres makes it tough to turn seeders, pickers, etc... Anybody wanna trade a Farmall B for a '96 KTM? :nener:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
You got a barelt used paddle tire, use it to till and plant. I'm sure you could rig up something so you wouldn't actually have to ride it (Heaven forbitd).

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Sweet! I see where you're going. Maybe run the PTO of the tractor over to the countershaft on the KTM. Thanks man! :cool: :yikes:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
It's an EG360 I suspect it makes more power than the tractor! Mount the bike in a wheelbarrow frame and fire it up then just push it around to hoe your row.

bsmith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Ford 8n does cost more then the Farmall, but also have more parts available. You can also get an Oliver 88 or 77 for probably about the same price and they run good to, but again parts a bit harder.

If you plan to use it look for one that has been converted to a 12v system. If you were closer I have an Oliver 88, but you'd sepnd more on shipping it or hauling it then it's worth.

Try tractorhouse.com or fastline.com

bsmith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Ya the double H can be a bit funky :)

This might have an easier pattern and has a more unique name

cockshutt-l.jpg

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Too bad you are so far away, I have a nice 8n for sale!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom