poobag

Jul 10, 2002
Ive got a 2000 RM125 which im selling pretty soon. Ive got the task of cleaning it ready to sell. Are there any good pointers for doing this, as it kind of suks pullin it all apart and rubbing it over with wd-40.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
If you want it to look good, you have to take it apart. Get an Acerbis airbox cover (or a plastic bag over the air filter), and wash the bike with no plastic on. Use simple green and a soft brush, a toothbrush where the bigger one won't get into. Attack anything remaining with brake cleaner, but keep the brush away, it will get melted.

While you're there, grease all of the bearings and oil the pivots that you've been neglecting between rides.

Clean all of the plastics by hand (simple green, soft brush, garden hose). Do both sides, then use a rag to apply a film of Mop&Glo.
Bolt everything up again, and your bike will look too good to sell!

I wish I had time to do this more often like I used to. :thumb:

Last edited:

jdrucker

Oct 4, 2002
To add to all this, when the plastics are back on, spray down with Silicon Lubricant as it will polish most of the little scratches. After this, spray down your tires with the Silicon as well. This keeps the tires looking better then new and prevents cracks in tires as well. I usually spray it on, let it sit for a fw minutes and then wipe with a soft cloth. This will make your bike cosmetically look better than new.

Top Bottom