Oct 8, 2010
my 91 cr125 is running fine now and ive noticed that when i have it in neutral, and i go to shift to first and take off, it acts like as if the clutch isint doing a thing, i got to shift into first and it just jumps and stalls like the clutch isint doing its job, what could be the problem?

AND Another issue im having is, ive adjusted the float, but its still over flowing massivly if is bend it any more it will shut the needle valve off and not put fuel into the carb, ive checked the float for holes. and none ive floated it into a bowl full of water and ive submerged it and it still floats it sat Overnight and was still floating the next morning and ideas?

killer454

Jan 3, 2011
have you tryed adjusting the clutch?

and for the carb i would make sure float level is back to where the manual says and i would purchase a rebuild kit.it could need a new float valve put in it.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
StreetLimitz89 said:
my 91 cr125 is running fine now and ive noticed that when i have it in neutral, and i go to shift to first and take off, it acts like as if the clutch isint doing a thing, i got to shift into first and it just jumps and stalls like the clutch isint doing its job, what could be the problem?

AND Another issue im having is, ive adjusted the float, but its still over flowing massivly if is bend it any more it will shut the needle valve off and not put fuel into the carb, ive checked the float for holes. and none ive floated it into a bowl full of water and ive submerged it and it still floats it sat Overnight and was still floating the next morning and ideas?

The first is a classic sign of a notched clutch basket. Pull the clutch cover and check the basket for wear. If you have minor grooving, a flat metal file can touch that up, but if it's more than an impression, it's time for a new clutch basket. You don't want to "fix" a basket with deep grooving by the means of a metal file. It will work (temporarily) but will also weaken the basket and allow the plates to slam back and forth since they're no longer snugly seated between the basket walls. You will be able to pull the clutch without it sticking, but my butt would not be on that seat because shattering that weakened system of a jump face would spell absolute disaster and I value my neck over a bit of money to correctly fix the issue. I've seen this happen, and it's not pretty.

Before even trying to check the clutch, though, you might just need to let it warm up a while and let the clutch plates soak in some warm oil while riding it around. Sometimes if a bike has been sitting a while, the clutch will tend to stick like that. If riding for a bit doesn't resolve the issue, do what I mentioned above.

As for the float, it sounds like you need a new float valve as it's not seating well. At best, this will be the issue and it's a quick and inexpensive fix. At worst, the valve cannot seat because the seating surface has bored out over time. In that case, you will have a more expensive fix. First, try the new float valve and see where that gets you.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
^^^^^right on the money^^^^^

Oct 8, 2010
Well we figured out what the problem was with a Float there was crud built up around the needle valve and we blew it out with compressed air, the bike HAS been sitting for a while since the top end blew out last time, i went with a big bore kitt on it this time for the rebuild but i know the jetting is off. i keep fouling a br8es plug and a buddy of mine told me i should try a hotter plug, What would be hotter a br7 or br9?

Oct 8, 2010
well it has the 152 and 58 jets in it and i was told to run around a 172 and 68 jett kit in the carb and a R1468N needle in the 3rd clip, PLEASE describe to me WHat the 3Rd clip is im new to messing with a 2 stroke and i really dont know how to tune it ,,, ill post the advice i got on the jetting and so fourth on what should make it run halfway decent. now would having a too rich mixture of gas/oil be the cause of fouling the plug?

this was sent to me from a company about my jetting for my location and elevation

1991 CR125R

Main- 172

Pilot- 58

Needle- R1468N

Needle position- 3rd

Air screw-1.5 turns out.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Read the thread at the top of this forum. Jet the bike, not the specs. The specs are a starting point.

Oct 8, 2010
im going to try a hotter plug and the bigger jets. but the needle is the ONLY thing i cannot find for this kehlin carb =/

Top Bottom