Clutch Noise

Houndog

~SPONSOR~
Oct 11, 2002
I have a '95 200 that I bought last fall, rebuilt the top end and started it up this weekend to check things out. The clutch was noisy when it was diseganged in neutral, but with the clutch handle pulled in it was just a normal noisy KDX tranny. I pulled off the clutch cover, basket, etc and had a look around and inspected the parts but everything looks ok (I did not have any of this apart on my recent rebuild). The only thing that seems a bit odd are the pressure plate and bearing seem to have a bit of play, the bearing seems ok.

I'm running out of ideas, any suggestions?

Houndog

~SPONSOR~
Oct 11, 2002
I should have mentioned that BRush, the function of the clutch works fine.

mudwalker

Mar 26, 2003
Same bike, same noise. They say sounding like a sewing machine is normal operation for a KDX.

Rokosh

Mar 4, 2003
Hey Houndog,

I just bought a 2000 KDX-220 and I have noticed the same type of noise! I was a little worried about it... assuming the bike I just bought was a little neglected by the previous owner?!? It seems to work fine other than the noise you described. I haven't pulled anything apart yet for inspection and I don't think I will either. If it ain't broken... don't fix it. If anyone has any ideas as to what could be causing this noise I too would appreciate any insight. Could it be the shift forks in the tranny?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…