xen

Apr 18, 2008
After a few hours of riding, my bike started making a loud scraping sound which I assume was from the clutch. This is on a 00 kdx200, the trans oil window was below the minimum. It was making the sound when running and when kicking it over. I got a tow and it was doing it in neutral, when I pulled in the clutch it wasn't so loud. Well have replaced the trans oil and after a short ride it doesn't seem to be making the noise so think it was due to lack of oil. But want to know how it could be loosing the trans oil?

ridejunky

Dec 6, 2005
xen said:
After a few hours of riding, my bike started making a loud scraping sound which I assume was from the clutch. This is on a 00 kdx200, the trans oil window was below the minimum. It was making the sound when running and when kicking it over. I got a tow and it was doing it in neutral, when I pulled in the clutch it wasn't so loud. Well have replaced the trans oil and after a short ride it doesn't seem to be making the noise so think it was due to lack of oil. But want to know how it could be loosing the trans oil?
Bad crank seal

Top Bottom