Josht3719

Jan 28, 2009
I got my kx125 like a month ago coming from an xr100 and maybe im just not used to the race bike feel. But when i drop it into first with clutch lever pulled completely back it makes a clunk and acts like the clutch is not completely engaged, and back tire spins (on stand) when in first with clutch pulled back too. I guess its just clutch play as in maybe i can fix it by messing with cable and lever or is there some other adjustment that I should try first? Just thought I'd check before I go off and start turning screws :)

Thanks for any advice

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
Make sure you have enough gear oil in the transmission and that it isn't discolored and needing to be changed.
Free play at the clutch lever should be almost nil. Adjust at the lever or at the transmission until that is so.
Then if the clutch still drags there is something wrong with the clutch plates and they need to be replaced.

spark250

Feb 7, 2008
Try it with the bike warm and when you are on the bike. If it is still not completely disengaged with the clutch correctly adjusted and with fresh oil, look to the push rod. From what I have experienced a dragging clutch is usually not the clutch plates. A slipping clutch yes!

kawraper

Mar 4, 2009
I dunno both my kx's do the same thing. I just ride the hell out of em. Havent had a clutch or tranny problem yet.

Josht3719

Jan 28, 2009
Well i recently, like 5 days ago, changed the gear oil and it was pretty discolored and there was about half as much of it as there should be. And now when it gets warmed up it doesnt do it quite as bad. So for right now i dont guess i'll worry about it too much. But if it gets worse i will look at the plates and push rod.
Seems to me like it was mainly just the fluid. Thanks guys

Top Bottom