2stroke125

Jul 2, 2006
hi i got a 82 suzuki rm 125 liquid cooled bike, and the kid that had it before me bought new handlebar levers (clutch/brake) and he also installed a new clutch cable, but when he installed he never adjusted ANYTHING basically put it on and drove her, but the problem is when i sits and idles i pull the clutch lever in and hit the shifter into 1st gear it jumps ahead a bit and then stalls out, in order for it to even think about moving u have to have the rpms up when u hit it into gear.... i have tried to adjust the cable up on the handle bars, and even further down on the cable near the motor but nothing comes outta it, i had it work once then i stalled on me lol cuz im still learning to take off "slowly" hehehe, then i thought sweet i fixed tried it again and i was back to square one...but my buddy told me that it needs to be adjusted internally tho, he said he had to do it on his blaster... and another guy says it needs a new clutch basket, but they guy that worked on it about a week ago says the basket seems to be fine it doesnt slip at all shifts really nicely... any ideas???

2smokers

Mar 25, 2006
I had the same problem with my 97 rm 125 when I first got it. Then I changed the trans oil and it fixed it. I used Bel Ray Gear Saver 80W oil. :cool:

2stroke125

Jul 2, 2006
ya hmmm..... i had my oil changed changed as well now it got 80-90 or something like that but its a good gear oil but still does it ??? :think:

Top Bottom