Jtracc

Oct 19, 2006
Hey guys,

Got a 97' suzuki 125RM. I got a problem with my clutch.

First let me start by saying that this bike was sitting with a cracked clutch cover for 1yr and a half, and all the oil drained out. I bought the bike for $1000 cause it just had a rebuild before the clutch cover broke. So anyway i fixed the clutch cover and put oil back in. The bike starts perfectly fine and runs great, but the clutch isnt engaging. If i pull the clutch in and put the bike in first gear the bike jumps and stalls. The gear is engaging when it shouldnt. If the bike is in gear and not running, i pull the cluth in and try and start it, i cant because its still in gear even with the clutch pulled in it turns the piston when i kick start it.

I took the clutch basket out and noticed that it had notches on all the fingers. So i grinded down the fingers so the notches are smoother. Put it back together, and the clutch works a little better, but not much still cant start it in gear and still jolts when i kick it in gear.

I have adjusted the cable till my fingers were blue, no luck.
Any ideas i dunno wats wrong.

jon.

GODsRebel

Jul 27, 2006
That's wierd, my CR 125 is sorta doin the same kinda thing, although I noticed my water pump gear is stripped (it was plastic in the 90s). My bike can start up fine, but can't pull out of gear.

GODsRebel

Jul 27, 2006
well i took the clutch out and the springs were fine and the bell was slightly notched so I files it down a tad....i don't know how thick the friction disks are supposed to be? they had like 0.020" carbon left on each side and aluminum plates had slight grooves/wear in em. I sure hope its just the clutch and not an issue with the tranny!

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
im sure it is
clean everything ,make sure the grooves -(chatter marks) are completely smooth
or it will keep lurching
you might need new clutch plates /bolth fiber and metal
you can get a kit from dennis kirk a dp kit is 140.00 complete !! springs and everything

Top Bottom