gnaden

Jul 5, 2002
Hi All,
l am having trouble removing the clutch basket from my 1991 KDX250, does anyone know if the nut you take off to remove it is a left hand thread ?? my manual makes no mention of it.

Garry

jc

Sep 22, 2001
I have taken the nut off by using a chunk of rope about the thickness of my little finger. Slide the rope down the spark plug hole, enough to stop the piston at top dead center or so. This will lock the motor up so you can turn the nut. Hints: make sure the piston is near the top of the stoke before putting in the rope so it does not get hung up in the ex. port, use only enough to stop the piston. This way may sound crazy, thats what I thought too until I tried it and it worked great. I got the idea out of one of the off road mags. Good luck.

gnaden

Jul 5, 2002
l tried to remove the nut with the bike in gear and standing on the brake but no luck does not lock things up enough to move the nut. The guy who was in there before knocked over the edge of the nut making it extremely tight to get off. l will give the rope trick a shot !

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
has an air or electric impact crossed anyones mind ?spins the clutch hub nut off in 2 sec. no rope , bars through sprockets ,standin on brakes

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
no offence ment,i should have said "if u have access to".it never occured to me till i was told it works by someone. sorry :)

Top Bottom