lake

Oct 30, 2008
I have a 01 cr 125 and i can't seem to get my clutch working right. The bike wont just sit still with the clutch pulled in while in gear and when i try to start off i have to slam it in gear then quick give it some gas or it will stall. I have it adjusted the full way out up by my clutch leaver and it didn't really seem to help. Any sugestions or will i have to get a new clutch kit?

sharky243

Dec 14, 2008
Check the outer basket and inner hub for wear. (deep grooves). Check the clutch push rod and arm for wear. As the arm wears out, you won't be able to fully dissengage the clutch. Your steel clutch plates maybe warped aswell. This will cause the clutch to drag. Deep grooves will cause clutch drag aswell.

lake

Oct 30, 2008
I had the clutch all out a couple months ago and the clutch basket had groves in it. My local shop just told me to file it down and it should be fine. could this maybe be the problem?

Last edited:

cowasucky

Feb 23, 2009
I would venture to say yes. I am dealing with exactly the same problem on my 03 kx250. The outer basket is grooved on mine, but while I'm in there I'm changing all plates, springs and gasket. The basket is the most expensive.....normally about $200. I found a new Hinsin basket on EBAY for $129 and a kit with all plates & springs for $50 so a full clutch rebuild for under $200. If you've never. Performed a clutch rebuild before, take some advice I was given ......TAKE PICTURES as you go !!!!! It may save you a lot of time and those ohh so important $$$ 's.

Top Bottom