~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
I have replaced on my 98 KX250 the following:
Basket-new hinson
Clutch hub-stock
Pressure plate-stock
Steels and fibers-stock
Cable-motion pro
I did soak the fibers for a couple days first, have taken it apart 3 times and put it back together, it IS right!
The problem is I cannot get the clutch to disengage, like the plates are sticking?? I warm it up ride around a little bit, try adjusting the cable back and forth(put the new cable on as a last resort) and it doesn't seem to change. It does seem to have the right amount of pull, the pressure plate is coming out a decent distance and I can easily pull the plates apart when looking at it with the cover off. I have done a clutch before and it was simple. Does it just need to be broken-in or do I need to ride it a little harder to get the plates to seperate or what? Going crazy with this bike!

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
can you measure the stack height of the all the plates and compare it to a known number(maybe its in the manual?)

also check to see if all the plates are completely flat.

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
I didn't find anything in the manual aboutt the stack height? Springs check out good too. I'm going to try to take it out tomm. and ride in a more open area and see if it loosens up? If not I'll take it apart agin and check to make sure they're flat. Anything else?

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
Check, check and triple check :) I had checked out that site too just to be sure it wasn't diff. from my manual. I have that washer but I did want to check the thickness of it and forgot, next time I take it apart. Thanks for the legwork!

Top Bottom